|Title:||Manager, Data Engineering|
|Job Location:||Stamford, Connecticut - United States|
|Salary:||$125,000.00 - $150,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly|
|Employer Will Recruit From:||Local|
As Manager of Data Engineering, you'll supervise, mentor and work with a team of top-caliber Data Analysts in an AWS environment for one of the largest Media Advertising entities in the field
|This role is a hands-on senior manager/engineer that requires expertise in transactional processing, financial integration and data warehousing.
We are looking for a highly motivated, professional individual with proven leadership experience in an agile environment.
The ideal candidate will possess a blend of analysis, design, development and team building skills. Mentoring and leading a geographically distributed development team while also contributing to the design, development and support of our systems will be required.
This team is responsible for both transactional processing systems and corporate-wide performance and financial reporting.
• Lead/Mentor/Manage development team comprised of FTEs and consultants
• Oversee and contribute to technical deliverables including validating the completeness/accuracy of estimates, quality and accuracy of technical designs, build and implementation
• Imagine and implement creative and innovative solutions while adhering to architectural requirements of maintainability and scalability
• Individual will be hands-on and contributing to project deliverables
• Drive system problem resolution and root cause analysis
• Ensure and maintain integrity of code base during concurrent development cycles
• Collaborate with experts in a variety of technologies to come up with the best overall solutions
|• BS Degree or equivalent required in Computer Science or similar area of study
• Some Team Leadership experience
• Expert in all aspects of database development (preferably PL/Sql, Oracle) including design, data modeling, performance tuning, writing functions and procedures
• Good understanding of Java, microservices and APIs
• Strong grasp of shell scripting (Linux)
• Experience working as part of a globally distributed team
• Experience with reporting and data discovery tools such as Business Objects, MicroStategy, Tableau
• Experience with AWS cloud technology a plus – specifically RedShift
• Experience in order management, finance or product fulfillment systems a plus
• Ability to deliver against strategic goals
• Attention to both big picture and details
• Firm yet diplomatic