Manufacturing Engineer ll
|Pensacola, Florida - United States
$85,000.00 - $95,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Location Pensacola Florida: Fun in the sun year around. Pensacola has one of the most desireable beaches in the U.S. Resort type living without the price tag.
The Manufacturing Engineer supporting Packout and Warehouse operations will provide leadership and support in the areas of machinery design, capability, evaluation, training, troubleshooting and modifications to support the unit to run safely, reliably and efficiently. The Manufacturing Engineer ensures that Area Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) are met consistently.
Our goals and KPI’s include outstanding safety performance, absolute environmental compliance, consistent product quality and customer satisfaction, reliable production volume and execution of the production plan, and manufacturing cost control.
- Evaluate and recommend cost effective and capable packaging equipment solutions and warehouse operations to drive improvements for existing and new products and processes
- Use A2E approach to drive unit performance to operational entitlement with respect to yields, usages, reliability, and quality
- Ensure continuous improvement of the production facilities through coordination of process aspects in the manufacture of finished packaging equipment with optimum quality and affordability
- Achieve annual operating productivity targets by maintaining a unit performance tracking program
- Maintain accurate accounting of all unit production losses and drive actions to correct
- Monitor unit performance by tracking key process indicators (KPI’s) and key operating parameters (KOP’s)
- Maintenance of performance tracking tools to include set point or target changes
- Provide technical support to Operations to help troubleshoot, investigate, and recommend solutions to any package and/or packaging equipment design related issue
- Basic troubleshooting and optimization of the process to address gaps identified through daily performance monitoring
- Develops packaging and warehouse related SOP’s and Work Instructions. Provides training for appropriate personnel performing unit activities
- Interface with production engineering to:
- Optimize the current process using operational entitlement models
- Implement advanced performance tracking tools
- Implement new technology projects
- Execute annual productivity plans
- Escalate technical issues which are too complex to handle within the unit
- Initiate projects to improve the process
- Escalate technical issues which require advanced modelling
- Accounting and categorization of daily production losses
- Drive targeted actions in response to performance gaps in KPI’s as well as production losses
- Assist in tracking of unit regulatory compliance and maintain unit process safety information (PSI)
- Facilitation of MOCs originating from unit needs
- Subject Matter Expert to develop packaging/package designs from concept to final implementation.
- Interface with Purchasing, EHS, Quality & RA and Operations to define packaging/package design solutions Manage multiple projects to meet established timelines
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering
- Minimum of 3 years chemical manufacturing experience
- Strong computer skills including the Microsoft applications WORD, EXCEL, and PowerPoint
- Strong knowledge of Process Safety Management is essential
- Strong technical and analytical skills with the ability to innovate and solve complex problems
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to perform in a highly dynamic work environment
- Detail oriented with excellent leadership, communication and project management skills
- Relevant improvement experience such as Lean Six Sigma, or related methodologies
- Must have the ability to interface well with employees involved including process operators, engineers, and members of senior staff or corporate management, as required
DESIRED EXPERIENCE AND CERTIFICATION
- 5+ years chemical manufacturing experience.
- Experience with Solids Material Handling and Product Packaging
- Experience with bulk, bag, box and supersack packages and packaging equipment
- Six Sigma Green Belt or higher
- A basic understanding of PSM, SPC and ISO9001
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree