Manufacturing Engineering Manager
|Toledo, Ohio - United States
$85,000.00 - $110,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
An exceptional Tier I automotive supplier has an immediate need to till a position of Technical / Manufacturing Engineering Manager for their plant located southeast of Toledo, Ohio.
POSITION SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS:
- Provide direction and support for development of production processes and systems to be utilized for new and existing business.
- Guide, monitor, and manage the preparation of capital equipment budgets and tooling budgets for new business programs or new processes.
- Responsible for preparation and control of Appropriations requests for the maintenance and operation of all equipment and plant facilities.
- Conduct part design / manufacturing feasibility reviews.
- Monitor compliance to Product Program Schedules for all program related activities.
- Manage, direct, guide, assist, and counsel engineers in the execution of their responsibilities and in their individual career development.
- Interfaces with customer and Corporate Engineering groups to provide required resources for launch support activities.
- Drives continuous improvement efforts within current process technologies and in development and implementation of new technologies.
- Provides cost and timing estimates as required for tooling, equipment, and packaging changes.
- Promotes Safety and Ergonomics in all phases of engineering.
- Review and approval plant activities in support of design engineering changes and new and existing programs.
- Provides direction and support for facilities maintenance and tool repair departments in support of operations and projects.
- Track actual and forecast capital spending by line item and asset tag detail for capital projects
- Develop and maintain capacity analysis studies to provide input to corporate and customer volume inquiries
- Review and update Bill of Material and Process Routing documents
- Review, approval and track Engineering Change Requests and Engineering Change Notifications
- Any additional request deemed necessary by management
- Bachelor’s of Science in Engineering or related technical experience with a minimum of five (5) years in a supervisory / management position preferred
- Supervises under general guidance
- Able to work well in a team environment
- Good working knowledge of windows based applications and database applications
- Possess excellent leadership abilities, organizational and communication (verbal and written) skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and activities simultaneously
- Specific knowledge of tooling equipment and cost projection is required along with knowledge of automotive quality and engineering expectation
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree