|Title:||Manufacturing Manager of RF Electrical Products Job # 3201|
|Job Location:||Carson, California - United States|
|Salary:||contact recruiter for details|
|Employer Will Recruit From:||Nationwide|
This Manufacturing Manager position is a very important and senior level role located in our Los Angeles Suburban office, and will be responsible for strategically helping our manufacturing plant operate lean, effectively and to help lower our operating costs. We develop some of the world’s most sophisticated and fascinating equipment. A bonus is the location, where the weather is GREAT year-round, and the cultural and recreational activities are endless. Salary and benefits offered are also highly competitive
Job # 3201
Come join our team as a hands-on technical Electrical Products Manufacturing Manager will works also at supervising the Electronics Assembly Team and is responsible for the quality and quantity of the team’s output of RF and Electrical Control Modules. Additional duties above managing the production process, will be to develop test procedures, methods and tooling for test, verification and certification of our electronic and RF/Microwave products. The individual will participate in design verification of new equipment and contribute in preparing product compliance documentation. This position includes working with the company’s System and Product Design engineers to troubleshoot integrated controls and RF systems. Additionally, this engineer will develop efficient methods of assembling and testing electrical products and as well as create and maintain work instructions. This person is expected to be a seasoned engineer and be fully self-directed in the completion of their day-to-day tasks. Additionally you will be responsible for ensuring quality, on-time delivery, priority setting, and adherence to internal and industry standards.
• Provide leadership and technical direction for manufacturing tasks and personnel
• Provide engineering recommendations to management and guide product development for manufacturability
• Lead and oversee quality management and execution to cost and schedule
• Focus on improvements in standard product quality, cost reduction, and reduction in time to market
• Maintain awareness of the group to assure quality excellence, timely completion of work and reviews, appropriate use of resources, and responsiveness to customer / program needs
• Provide sustaining engineering support to manufacturing and design engineering
• Attends internal design reviews conducted by design engineering in order to critique and recommend design solutions
• Establish work group goals within the framework of schedule, quality, technical and financial objectives
• Facilitate communication of technical and business information between organizations and within work group
• Drive the development and application of consistent manufacturing practices, standards and software tools
• Communicate with management on technical, quality, organizational, resource and personnel issues
• Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; addressing and resolving issues.
• You will Direct and coordinate the establishment of production schedules and the resource allocation including personnel to meet schedules
• You will Managing approximately six to eight assemblers
• You will establish departmental standards of performance and productivity.
• Collaborate with the Safety Committee on safety initiatives
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position may require occasional domestic and international travel (5% of time).
You must meet the requirements to obtain and maintain a U.S. government security clearance
EXPERIENCE: Requires 10 years minimum of engineering design/production experience including supervisory background
EDUCATION: A Bachelor’s or Master’s (preferred) degree in Electrical Engineering and/or Manufacturing Engineering
• Technical background and experience in electronics and RF design.
• Computer Aided Design and Automated Testing Experience.
• Demonstrated understanding of product costing and cost management skills.
• ISO 9000, Six Sigma and Lean experience is desirable.
• Effective team building ability.
• Strong oral and written communications skills.
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
• Experience in an aerospace electronics manufacturing environment.
• The selected applicant should be a fast-thinking problem solver and should thrive in a dynamic environment.
• Believes in the continuous improvement philosophy
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree