|, New Jersey - United States
$110,000.00 - $150,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
|15% target bonus
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our client, an international manufacturer of laboratory research chemicals, is looking for a Sr. Manufacturing Manager for their Fair Lawn, NJ manufacturing site.
How will you make an impact
To provide strong leadership and effective management of the manufacturing teams creating an inclusive culture and an environment where people develop. You will have the experience to build and develop a talented team whilst driving a continuous improvement culture, focusing on supplying a world class service to our customers in terms of both quality and meeting delivery schedules. The Manufacturing Manager position is responsible for maintaining and improving a safe working environment whilst driving efficiency and process improvement. This position is a key linkage to all other site functions and reporting strands
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- To lead, manage and develop all Value Stream Team members to realize high performance and continuous improvement. To carry out PMD’s for all appropriate staff ensuring that SMART goals are set, agreed and monitored. To make recommendations for succession planning, talent development and necessary learning interventions to ensure the teams are fully competent.
- To ensure that all Value Stream activities adhere to the Site Safety Management System can demonstrate full Site & Legislative Compliance.
- Demonstrates and promotes the company vision of the 4 I’s: Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and involvement.
- To lead and manage the manufacturing Value Streams to ensure maximum effectiveness, efficiency and co-ordination of all elements of product delivery.
- To work closely with the Site Director to contribute to and ensure that all strategic business plans are created and executed by meeting or exceeding agreed KPI’s.
- To ensure that the Value Stream goals derived from the Site goal tree are understood and communicated to all appropriate staff.
- To ensure that all Value Stream activities adhere to the Site Quality Management System by promoting and incorporating good manufacturing practices which are implemented consistently across the Value Stream team. To ensure that any procedure or process changes are properly documented through the utilization of the Management of Change process.
- To work with the Engineering Function to ensure that the equipment and operating environment are maintained and designed to the agreed standards to ensure high levels of Safety and Productivity.
- To deliver a year on year improvement plans based on the business strategy requirements – demonstrated by utilizing the A3.
- Lean Operations and manufacturing budgets are managed and aligned to the business activities.
- To analyze and critique the Value Stream KPI’s and take actions or provide recommendations in order to continuously improve performance.
Experience and Qualification
- Significant experience leading a multi-disciplined team within a manufacturing environment.
- Ideally, candidates will have experience of using Practical Process Improvement (PPI) or similar Continuous Improvement (CI) methodology
- Experience of operating in a Corporate environment i.e. used to working in a systematic way and adhering to stringent procedures
- Essential is the ability to influence people with the site organization
- Experience of change management
- Working within a union environment
- Safety, quality and environment management through ISO standards
- Personal attributes will include drive, determination, energy and enthusiasm.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Experience of handling a variety of people issues and a good understanding of HR protocol and employment legislation
- Bachelor’s degree in scientific discipline
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a manufacturing or technical environment performing production/operational functions.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree