Master Scheduler and Planner
|Hatboro, Pennsylvania - United States
$75,000.00 - $90,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Headquareters in Pennsylvania this has been my best client for 20 years. Placed double digit candidates here and have temps there everyday for almost 18 years.
Responsible for both establishing and generating the daily Production Schedule based on sales and inventory projections for our PA and IN injection molding operations, as well as, our PA printing plant. This role will work directly with; Customer Service/Sales, our customers, accept and plan new orders, negotiate lead times, purchase inventory, monitor production schedules and assess manufacturing capacities. This is a critical role in ensuring on-time delivery to our customers.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain and monitor scheduling for all 3 plants for both Injection Molding Printing. Ensure orders are scheduled in adequate time-frame to meet customer demands while keeping focus on warehouse space availability.
- Inventory Levels and Accuracy
- Raw Materials, Work-in-process, Finished Goods
- Inventory Rationalization
- Maximum Levels, Minimum Levels, Cost of Inventory, Sales Forecast Analysis
- Entry of items and Bill of Materials into business software (reference Delmia from this point).
- Evaluate Standard Costing on items to determine validity of supplemental data
- Ensure purchasing levels are in line with production. Review purchases with Purchasing Manager.
- Populate data into key metrics for company performance measurements.
- Monitor key areas of the Delmia for data validity and assist all departments with system use.
- Work with customers on VMI programs and forecasts. Translate their requirements to vendors for printing and alternate operations.
- Work with the Customer Service Manager and Finance to identify and resolve obsolete inventory.
- Monitoring and requisitioning of specific critical items.
- Work with Customer Service concerning new items, shortages, production problems, shipping concerns, etc. Identify and correct issues to continue to strive for 100% order fulfillment as requested by the customer.
- Must follow procedures and guidelines as defined by the Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOP) and the Master Cleaning Schedule.
Education: APICS Training and CPIM Certification or a BS Degree in Supply Chain Management, Operations or Business Management is preferred. Also, minimum 5-7 years as a Master Scheduler/Planner or in Materials Management in a manufacturing environment.
Required knowledge and Experience:
- Knowledge of plastics and plastics manufacturing along with printing is preferred
- Must have a strong knowledge of ERP Systems.
- Experience with several areas of the Supply Chain including:
- Materials, Distribution, Traffic, Warehouse, Scheduling, Purchasing
- Must have excellent computer skills especially strong background in use of an ERP system and reporting.
- Possess professional skills in dealing with customers and negotiating with vendors.
- Possess an ability to develop solid working relationships.
- The individual must be a self-starter (ability to work independently).
- Effective time management and scheduling ability.
- Strong reasoning, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Must communicate effectively in all situations with strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Working knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office, Word and Excel along with an ability to accurately record activities in the ERP database.
- Available to support multiple shifts as required.
- Must be able to be considered future for promotional opportunities.
Quality Standards: Must be able to understand quality standards and perform quality checks. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by employees to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Must be able to stand on their feet routinely; sitting, stooping, squatting, and reaching can be expected along with lifting of up to 35 lbs.
Safety: To maintain proper safety standards according to established Sanitary and Housekeeping Practices (GMP Compliance). Proper use of all safety equipment i.e.: proper use of personal protective gear including hairnets, gloves and safety glasses.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree