|Job Location:||Reading, Pennsylvania - United States|
|Salary:||$70,000.00 - $80,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly|
|Employer Will Recruit From:||Regional|
The position of a Master Scheduler / Production Planner- PA is responsible for both establishing and generating the daily production schedule based on sales and inventory projections for our operations. This role will work directly with; Customer Service/Sales and our production floor leadership. The position will accept and plan new orders, negotiate lead times, monitor production schedules and assess manufacturing capacities. This role has a critical responsibility in ensuring on-time delivery to our customers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Create daily, weekly and monthly build schedules for the production lines in the manufacturing plant.
• Working directly with Customer Service, Sales Operations, Sales, Product Management and Operations Management to determine appropriate production schedules that best meet customer and sales demand.
• Inventory Levels and Accuracy
• Based on factors such as raw material availability, production line capacity, standard lead time commitments, on time delivery, and emergent needs of the business both from a sales operations and production operations perspective, be the direct interface for the Sales, Inventory, Operations, and Production (SIOP) forecast inputs and the output of a production operations schedule.
• Forecast and plan finished goods to fulfill customer demand, while ensuring tight alignment to reducing OH inventory.
• Work with the Customer Service Leadership and Finance to identify and resolve obsolete inventory.
• Work with customer service concerning new items, shortages, production problems, shipping concerns, etc. Identify and correct issues to continue to strive for 100% order fulfillment as requested by the customer.
• Prepare daily open order report to communicate estimated ship dates to sales and customers. • Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Specifications:
• 2 to 5 years of procurement, production raw materials planning, or analyst experience in a manufacturing environment.
• 1 to 3 years of advance planning (finished goods / final product) experience.
• Proven ability to problem solve complex issues that arise from inventory, capacity and / or ERP systems.
• High level of proficiency in Excel (advanced formulas, pivots, if/then)
• Knowledge of mathematics and statistical data analysis
• Self-starter who seeks out ways to improve processes and drive standard work • Ability to be effective in a fast paced, metric driven environment
• Solid understanding of materials flow and inventory signals (MRP, Kanban, Min/Max) • Excellent verbal and written communication (role is both vendor and internal customer-facing)
Education and Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in business; manufacturing supply chain or directly related field preferred or equivalent years of experience.
• Experience with ERP system fundamentals
• Demonstrated ability to be a Continuous Improvement change agent
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree