|Title:||Mechanical Design Engineer - Industrial Automation|
|Job Location:||Burlington, Ontario - Canada|
|Salary:||$60,000.00 - $90,000.00 - Canadian Dollars - Yearly|
|Employer Will Recruit From:||Local|
Our client, a leader in the Industrial Automation Business
Design and optimization of mechanical components for automated strapping systems.
• Analyze mechanical systems, including Finite Element analysis as necessary to determine structural soundness.
• Perform engineering calculations with respect to strength of materials, horse power, pressure, force, etc.
• Design electro-mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
• Develop manufacturing drawings in accordance with company standards.
• Support machine shop to communicate design intent, resolve problems, and capture as-built dimensions.
• Specify system components or direct modification of products to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications.
• Work with outside vendors for technical specifications
• Research and analyze customer design proposals, specifications, manuals, and other data to evaluate the feasibility, cost, and maintenance requirements of designs or applications.
• Produce quality designs while working within project scope, timeline and budget
• Review machine operations and safety requirements with controls department
• Regularly communicate progress on tasks to supervisor
• Assist in creating equipment manuals
Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent problem solving and time management skills
• Good mechanical aptitude and knowledge of common machine shop techniques
• Self-motivated and organized
• Capable of working as part of a team
• 5-8 years’ experience in mechanical design and detailing
• Degree or diploma in Mechanical Engineering
• Proficient in Solidworks and AutoCAD
• Proficient in Outlook, Excel and Word
• Experience in controls automation considered an asset