|Hopewell, Virginia - United States
$65,000.00 - $85,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
- Great career growth opportunities with growing company
- Have a hand in "creating" who the company is going to be in the next 5+ years - Creating the "how to do" policies
- Great work/life balance & company culture
- Also, a Sr. Mechanical Designer role for 8+ years of experience
Under direct supervision, perform a variety of mechanical design for project executions. Support procurement, construction, and commissioning phases of projects with activities including assisting with preparation of labor/material estimates and design packages. Work typically performed in office and field.
- Create and review equipment drawings, layouts
- Create and review 3D model design for equipment and piping installation drawings such as but not limited to pumps, compressors, tanks, blowers, fans, etc.
- Understand piping specifications; materials of construction, pipe hangers supports, expansion loops, spring cans diagrams, interlock and control logic diagrams.
- Review and integrate vendor schematic and drawings into site based designs.
- Perform system walk downs for projects and as builds.
- Reform redlines of current plant drawings.
- Systems walk downs to identify deficiencies and ensure compliance to design and customer requirements.
- Verification to applicable engineering codes and standards as well as company policies and procedures.
- Ensure construction practices as required are in compliance with operations/execution with federal, state, local and plant codes/policies.
- Assume responsibility for cost, schedule, and quantity and budget control.
- Review process package and prepare equipment/material specifications sheets to order items. Review with vendor to confirm capability and delivery to meet project objectives.
- Must be able analyze field data in operating facilities.
- The individual must personally set a good example with all rules and regulations to achieve 100% universal compliance with HS&E (Health, Safety & Environmental) Procedures/Regulations.
- Participate in safety audits or surveillances.
- Strong understanding of P&IDs and PFD’s
- Strong understanding of Bill of Material (BOM) / Material to Order (MTO) needs to incorporate types and quantities of detailed MTO/BOM
- Knowledgeable of current ASME, ANSI, API standards, including application to installation
- 10 plus years of AutoCAD or equivalent Certification of its use
- Proficient in 3D modeling
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word/Excel)
- High School Diploma
- Strong understanding of Industrial facilities
- Strong awareness of Safety programs and PPE requirements while performing field research
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills with personnel of all levels (Craft through Executive)
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in an industrial manufacturing facility (chemical, pulp/paper, refinery, etc.)
- Travel 10%
- 3D Computer Aided Drafting and Design experience required
- Associates Degree in Mechanical Technology or Mechanical Engineering
- 5 years actual field installation of Mechanical equipment, piping, equipment layouts