Mechanical Engineer - Autonomous Vehicle Braking
|Denton, Texas - United States
$95,000.00 - $115,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
You will be responsible for the divisions to evaluate customer requirements and definition of vehicle level targets that support launching the next generation of autonomous trucks.
Our client is looking for a Mechanical Engineer to work on Autonomous Vehicle Braking systems for next-generation products. This client is a global leader in the commercial vehicle market, and you can be a part of creating their next generation of technology. You will be responsible for the divisions to evaluate customer requirements and definition of vehicle level targets that support launching the next generation of autonomous trucks. If you have experience with project definition, mature ideas through concept development, final design development, validation planning, testing support and launching product into production, then this is a good match.
Responsibilities of the Mechanical Engineer - Autonomous Vehicle Braking:
- Participate in the development of an ADAS Level 4 Autonomous Vehicle Platform (AV-P) braking system
- Initial packaging/space claim studies of AV-P components/systems
- Facilitate program definition activities with teams to deliver cost-efficient solutions
- Coordinate with Product Planning, Manufacturing & Parts to align major program book of wishes and identify all customer requirements which cascade into design requirements
- Interdivisional program coordination including interfacing with Embedded software engineering, Innovation Center (PIC), and Technical Center (PTC)
- Coordinate with Vehicle Property Owners (VPO) to set project vehicle performance targets
- Provide design requirements to support Product Description Books (PDB), establishing project scope, vehicle requirements and performance targets
- Coordinate with Marketing to identify new and existing option codes required
- Completion of Six Sigma and PCP/Tollgate documentation in assigned phases
- Strong organizational and documentation skills with the ability to prioritize work effectively
- Requires a proactive approach to reconciling issues and reaching early resolution and consensus
- Demonstrate ability to handle multiple tasks, ability to learn on the fly, and adapt to change
- Strong working knowledge of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong overall knowledge of vehicles
- ADAS vehicle experience preferred
- Knowledge of and/or experience in heavy truck components and systems is preferred
- Thorough knowledge and experience with CREO / CREO View / Windchill required
- Experience with a Phase Gate development process
- Knowledge in the use of Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) tools
- Act in a professional manner in all contacts with external and internal customers
- Demonstrate professional and successful communication skills (verbal/written) with strong, effective interpersonal abilities.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree