|Greensboro, North Carolina - United States
contact recruiter for details
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Global specialty chemicals company which will provide you opportunity for career growth and development located in beautiful Greensboro, NC.
- Provide day-to-day technical support to ensure unit safety/environmental compliance, productivity, quality, and yield. This may require 24 hour/7 days a week on call support.
- Deliver capital and cost projects on budget and on time through all phases: Feasibility, conceptual, estimating, appropriation/funding, preliminary engineering, detailed design, pre-construction, installation, documentation, start-up and process qualification
- Study and identify continuous improvement opportunities in the manufacturing processes
- Lead process related investigations to prevent reoccurrence and improve KPI performance and reliability
- Review, update and establish preventive maintenance programs to ensure reliability through periodic or condition-based checks.
- Coordinate with the plant maintenance group to ensure compliance with assigned PSM elements of mechanical integrity as well as other company specified engineering specifications and standards
Individual RC-HESS responsibilities include:
- Knowledge of RC-HESS issues, especially those with a significant impact
- Vigilance for RC-HESS issues, especially those with a significant impact
- Immediate response, correction and reporting of RC-HESS issues, especially those with a significant impact
- Knowledge and use of RC-HESS work practices
- Maintenance of a clean and uncluttered work area
- Compliance with the company RC-HESS rules
- Completion of required RC-HESS training
- Suggestions to improve RC-HESS performance
- Immediate reporting of RC-HESS incidents and near hits
- Immediate reporting of unsure acts and conditions that you are unsure of their hazard(s)
- Avoidance of unsafe acts
- Participation in RC-HESS inspections, job safety analyses, job safety observations, recycling, service on RC-HESS committees, etc.
- Treatment of RC-HESS as part of your most important job responsibilities
- Use of the company Management System (LMS).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Mechanical/Chemical preferred) and at least 5 years of engineering experience in chemical plants
- Understanding of project management, mechanical maintenance and associated training needed to accomplish the plant maintenance/project engineering mission
- Ability to function independently in a team environment with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic manufacturing safety and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) guidelines.
- Ability to complete assigned tasks in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated problem solving, decision-making, and project management capabilities.
- Adherence to Company attendance and punctuality policies and standards and corporate values.
- Knowledge of safety hazards and appropriate precautions applicable to chemical manufacturing units.
- Demonstrated capability to take initiative to drive change.
- Demonstrated capability, and passion, to learn new skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills in a team environment.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree