Mechanical Engineer, Industrial Equipment Design
|Windsor, Connecticut - United States
$55,000.00 - $65,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Join a passionate team! Mechanical Engineer, Industrial Equipment Design position open in Windsor, CT.
The Specialist Engineer – Mechanical is responsible for all aspects of the mechanical design of Industrial and Military Ground Support Equipment. A successful Mechanical Engineer will be able to communicate technical issues effectively with all levels of management, control and coordinate schedules for self and others, and convert complex mechanical systems to continuous, linear control algorithms.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(Other duties may be assigned)
- Definition of System Design and Architecture for new product development.
- Control system design and development using appropriate control system theory.
- Creation and maintenance of mechanical documentation, including blueprints, bills of materials, test plans and equipment manuals.
- Project Management to an approved project schedule by coordinating closely with Production, Purchasing and Test Personnel.
- Cost Control to Design to Cost (DTC) objectives through proper component selection and coordination with purchasing personnel.
- Other assignments as designated by immediate and/or higher supervisor/s.
- ISO 9001: establish standards, procedures and other documents in accordance with ISO 9001.
- Maintain the currency with respect to technical and supervisory skills by attending training classes, special technical and administration courses; seminars, exhibits and trade shows are needed.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Proven experience with Industrial type equipment design.
- Familiarity with heat transfer, thermodynamics, and pneumatics.
- Familiarity with the design of diesel engine driven screw compressor sets and other electro-mechanical devices.
- Familiarity with designing sheet metal and structural steel enclosures.
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing techniques a plus.
- Proficient in AutoCAD 14 and SolidWorks.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Familiarity with screw and piston air compressors.
- Familiarity with industrial/automotive electronic devices and controls.
- Ability to troubleshoot mechanical systems.
- Familiar with doing Finite Element Analysis (FEA).
- Knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Completed a 4-year program in Mechanical Engineering.