Mechanical Mechatronics Engineer
|Palo Alto, California - United States
contact recruiter for details
|bonus / equity / benefits
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our client is hiring a Mechanical Systems Integration / Automation / Mechatronics Engineer to work with their robotics drug discovery lab.
- A challenging environment that will push you to grow and improve professionally, everyday.
- Opportunities to learn new technologies and fields, along with contributing to changing the future of science and research
- Experience working at a small start-up where there is never a shortage of challenges to tackle
- To work on one of the most advanced automated chemistry platforms on the planet
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- 401k matching
- Flexible vacation policy
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Lunch & unlimited snacks when in office
?Our client's Laboratory Systems Integration team is responsible for enabling the execution of automated science in a truly production environment while constantly pushing the boundaries of what is possible. You will help our team design, build, test, refine and expand our robotic workcell capabilities, and will learn about the varied challenges of making and maintaining a truly general-purpose and world-class laboratory robotic system and environment.
- Experience in automation design, specifying devices and components, and integrating new hardware and software.
- A person with hands on attitude and experience, ready to work with robots and automated equipment.
- Proficient in 3D CAD design, Solidworks experience highly preferred.
- Familiar with various manufacturing and rapid prototyping techniques.
- MS (or BS with equivalent experience) in an engineering discipline with 5-10 years of hands-on system integration or automation design and implementation experience.
- A problem-solver with strong analytical skills and the ability to work independently or within a team
- Organized with excellent communication skills
- Comfortable in a fast-paced and autonomous environment.
You might have:
- Experience with programming languages, such as Java, Scala, Python, C, C++, or C#
- An understanding of Linux command line operation and tools like SSH.
- Experience debugging mechanisms, controls, software or electrical hardware.
- Significant skill with Solidworks and Solidworks PDM software, and manufacturing-ready drawing creation.
A bonus but not necessary:
- Experience writing software from scratch.
- Experience with Jenkins, Git, and other software tools.
- Knowledge of basic scientific principles in biology and chemistry and/or experience working closely with scientists to automate biological or chemical processes.
- Experience with various laboratory automation equipment hardware and control software.
- DFM experience and an understanding of FMEA.
- Experience with mechanical machine tools or test equipment, and fabrication or test/debug experience.
- Experience interfacing with hardware and software vendors.
- Familiarity with Scrum and Agile workflows
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree