|Title:||Med Surg RN|
|Job Location:||Winston-Salem, North Carolina - United States|
|Salary:||$50,000.00 - $60,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly|
|Employer Will Recruit From:||Nationwide|
Provides nursing care to patients using the nursing process (assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation). The staff nurse directs and leads other assigned team members and collaborates with multidisciplinary team members to provide age/developmentally appropriate care in accordance with nursing standards of care and practice.
1. Utilizes the nursing process to provide patient/family centered care focusing on the physical, emotional, spiritual, cultural, religious, and environmental needs. This includes providing for the assessment, development of nursing diagnoses, outcome identification, planning, implementation of interventions, coordination of care, health teaching and promotion and evaluation of goals and interventions consistent with the policies of WFBMC.
2. Maintains a safe, therapeutic, and healing environment through ensuring patient privacy and responsive, respectful, accepting, and professional behavior. Utilizes and promotes the use of technology and equipment to enhance the safety of patients and staff.
3. Communicates effectively to promote sharing of information throughout the continuum of care and as an effective member of the healthcare team.
4. Demonstrates the ability to function in a professional setting through active participation in a professional practice model. This includes participating in shared governance, adherence to standards of care, participation in peer review and professional development promoting leadership and clinical excellence, effective team skills, autonomous practice and acknowledgment of accountability for actions and critical thinking.
5. Acts as a patient advocate throughout the continuum of care including all patient settings and in the community.
6. Coordinates the effective and efficient delivery of patient care services through the application of care management principles. Identifies clinical priorities and initiates action to improve patient outcomes.
7. Demonstrates ability to function in a professional practice model through active participation in shared governance, promotion of a healthy work environment and acceptance of personal responsibility for professional growth.
Education / Experience: Graduation from accredited school of nursing. BSN preferred.
Licensure, Certification and / or Registration: RN licensure in NC. Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) required. Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) or Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) may be required within one year in select areas. Performs and maintains competency for point-of-care testing as assigned; waived and or non-waived, ensuring compliance with WFBH policies and with applicable state and federal regulations.
Skills and Qualifications:
Ability to provide direct and indirect patient care
Verbal and written communication skills
Ability to work collaboratively
University - Associate's Degree/Graduate Diploma/2 Years