|North Carolina - United States
$80,000.00 - $90,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
We are actively seeking a Metrology Supervisor to join the growing team in Monroe, NC. The incumbent will be responsible for ensuring that the Calibration Technician’s work schedules are properly managed to ensure efficient work load while addressing prioritization of the work load. The supervisor will ensure that the metrology team has the proper resources (tools, equipment, and materials) to perform their functions. The Metrology Supervisor is responsible for ensuring that the metrology team is properly trained to perform their functions. The Metrology Supervisor ensures the calibration data is updated in the Blue Mountain RAM program by the calibration technicians. The role must ensure that all calibration certificates are reviewed upon completion and the certificate is properly deposited in the appropriate Document Control Cell file. This role also represents the front line response to addressing maintenance and facility activities.
- Supporting the manufacturing, facility, and utility operations at the Monroe, NC site
- Ensuring that work is completed in accordance with approved standard operating procedures and current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP).
- Being the interface between the Engineering Metrology group and the operating departments to address internal customer needs.
- Coordinating outside calibration contractors who are contracted through the Engineering department.
- Completing Calibration, and all work orders on time and correctly as prescribed in the standard operating procedures and described by the requester.
- Ensuring that the work is performed in accordance with the standard operating procedures for the department and that proper notification to affected parties is properly communicated.
- Communicating any and all notifications to the affected parties is properly.
- Coordinating FMEA. RCAs, Lean Six Sigma, 5S, and other lean programs within the maintenance group.
- Being an active participant in rolling out new quality programs with respect to the maintenance group.
- Ensuring group is properly aligned with the prescribed programs.
- Must be engaged in the site programs that impact maintenance.
- Performing routine audits/inspections of staff, tools, and material to ensure compliance with site, corporate, and regulatory guidelines and standards. Ensure maintenance staff and contractors are properly trained in applicable safety standards and guidelines.
- Associates degree in related field or equivalent amount of relevant experience in maintenance and/or engineering is required.
- Bachelors degree in related field or equivalent amount of relevant experience in maintenance and/or engineering is preferred.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience metrology supervision or leadership role in production metrology area preferably in a regulated environment or cGMP facility.
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience in mechanical, electronic, and automation systems in a manufacturing environment.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Working knowledge of electrical and automation/controls in an industrial operation.
- Understanding of calibration techniques and practices is required.
- Must be able to read drawings, schematics, and isometrics
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities.
- Manage staff performance and/or contractor performance
- Must have basic computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must have an understanding of computerized maintenance management programs
University - Associate's Degree/Graduate Diploma/2 Years