Microsoft Windows Systems Analyst
|Kelowna Central, British Columbia - Canada
$65,000.00 - $80,000.00 - Canadian Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
This is a great opportunity to work in a tight knit, rural community in an I/T department delivering an essential service to thousands of people.
Microsoft Windows Systems Analyst
Our client is an independent unit of the Provincial Government with an office located in Grand Forks. Grand Forks is situated on the confluence of the Kettle and Granby rivers and is approximately 6 hours from Vancouver and 2.5 hours from Nelson or Kelowna.
The Systems Analyst’s role is to design, install, administer, and optimize company servers and related components to achieve high performance of the various business applications. The System Analyst will provide administrative direction, supervision and support for daily operational activities of the IT department and, in collaboration with the Network Analyst, define and implement IT policies, procedures, and best practices.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain both hardware and operating systems on Microsoft Windows server clusters and related infrastructure.
- Receive and respond to incoming technology work orders and/or requests from Technology Group regarding application problems.
- Collaborate with technicians and network administrators to ensure efficient operation of servers and cloud computing environment.
- Perform analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex application problems for end users and recommend and implement corrective solutions, including offsite repair for remote users as needed.
- Manage server and file backups and backup infrastructure.
- Accurately document instances of server equipment or component failure, repair, installation, and removal.
- Follow established procedures in own work and advise technology users of appropriate technology security protocols necessary to safeguard the integrity and confidentiality of information and systems.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- Completion of a minimum two (2) year related diploma from an accredited program.
- At least three years’ equivalent work experience in a senior technical analytical position responsible for managing Microsoft Windows server environments.
- Relevant certifications in server operating systems like MCSE or similar.
- Valid BC Driver’s License.
Skills & Abilities:
- Advanced knowledge of server, desktop and application virtualization using Microsoft Hyper-V and VMWare.
- Advanced knowledge of the following: Microsoft Windows Server 2016, Windows 10, Office 365 cloud, SQL, IIS, and PowerShell.
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining all manner of server hardware and associated network equipment, including SAS, RAID, and SAN topology.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, as well as analytical and problem-solving abilities, with keen attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and directed, with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to attend to emergent issues outside of standard work schedule as required.
- On-call availability.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components.
- Occasional inspection of cables in floors and ceilings.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
This full-time, permanent position is 40 hours per week, with typical schedule being Monday to Friday, 8:00am to 4:30pm. The successful applicant will be offered a competitive salary and benefits package, and on-going opportunities for professional development. Successful applicants will be required to consent to a Criminal Record Search prior to employment.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree