Millwright - Maintenance Mechanic
|Brampton, Ontario - Canada
contact recruiter for details
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our pharmaceutical industry client in Brampton, ON is looking for 2 qualified candidates to fill 2 available full-time permanent opportunities. The shift timing is from 3:15pm to 11:35 pm Monday to Friday.
- Perform mechanical related activities within the packaging department pertaining to the filling and packaging of drug product within a cGMP environment.
- Mechanical related activities include but not limited to the set-up, changeover, operating, troubleshooting, repair and cleaning of tube, jar and bottle fillers, packaging equipment (cartoners, banders, torquers, labelers), compounding equipment and all supporting auxiliary equipment.
- Perform preventative maintenance and execute planned repair to improve equipment reliability and packaging efficiency. This includes but is not limited to ensuring all repairs are completed as per the appropriate equipment manuals without deviating from validated parameters. Must comply with safe lock-out procedures, impact assessments of any repair and repair work order documentation.
- Assist with the training of new hires (line service technicians, operators and mechanics). Provide training related to assembling /disassembling of fillers, cartoners, and compounding equipment.
- Provide training and guidance to line operators and line technicians ensuring the equipment is operated in a safe manner.
- Provide troubleshooting training to line service technicians and operators to minimize intermittent downtime.
- Assist with the design specifications for new equipment and upgrade older equipment.
- Execute Validation protocols.
- Monitor and advise management /mechanic lead hand regarding low stock for critical spare parts as well as consumable inventory items.
- Design and execute continuous improvement projects with a focus on improving safety, quality and efficiency.
- Complete GMP documentation right first time in batch records and other relevant GMP documents
- Complete all training assignments and maintain personal training records
- Work effectively in a team-based environment
- Analyze a situation and formulate a methodical approach to effectively correct and when appropriate, escalate the problem in order to prevent/reduce line downtime
- Industrial Millwright License is required
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working in a similar role in a pharmaceutical, food and beverage or consumer goods packaging environment
- Candidates possessing a second license, specifically an Industrial Electrician License, are preferred.
- Excellent Communication Skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent mechanical aptitude
- Laminate and metal tube filling and cartonning experience preferred
- Strong troubleshooting and root cause analysis skills
- Working knowledge of pneumatics, PLCs and electrical components
- Ability to read and analyze blue prints, drawings and technical manual
- Strong computer skills with ability to manage full cycle processing of work orders with in-house program
**Career Connections Canada Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request an accommodation, please contact Career Connections Canada Inc.**
University - Associate's Degree/Graduate Diploma/2 Years