|Brampton, Ontario - Canada
$30.00 - $35.00 - Canadian Dollars - Hourly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our client in Brampton is actively looking for a qualified Millwright for a full-time position
- Performing mechanical related activities within the Production department pertaining to the compounding production of drug product within a cGMP environment
- Ensuring all repairs are completed as per the appropriate SOP’s, such as LOTO procedures, impact assessments and repair order documentation
- Mechanical related activities include but are not limited to the set-up, operating, troubleshooting, repair, preventative maintenance and cleaning of compounding equipment, packaging equipment and all supporting auxiliary equipment.
- Ensuring all repairs are completed as per the appropriate equipment manuals without deviating from validated parameters. Must comply with safe lock-out procedures, impact assessments of any repair and repair work order documentation
- Conducting root cause analysis of unplanned breakdown event, identify preventative measures and strive for continuous improvement
- Addressing equipment related issues and concerns with sense of urgency, execute preventative maintenance and planned repair to reduce and minimize unplanned downtime
- Providing training and guidance to new hires, operators and technicians ensuring the equipment is operated in a safe manner and all safety procedures are followed
- Executing Validation protocols
- Assisting with the design specifications for new equipment
- Monitoring and advising supervisor regarding low stock for consumable inventory parts
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma/equivalent
- Industrial Millwright License is required
- Industrial Electrician License is an asset
- Minimum of 2 years of previous experience working in a similar role within a pharmaceutical, food and beverage or consumer goods packaging environment
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude to work from all types of blueprints, maintenance manuals, and drawings and the mathematical knowledge required for such work
- Demonstrated problem solving skills with strategic thinking of root cause and prevention
- Strong math skills
- Mixing vessel and process equipment maintenance experience is preferred
- Ability to read and interpret original equipment manufacturer manuals and industrial drawings such as: mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, instrumentation prints
- Excellent command of the English Language, strong written and oral communication skills with ability to interact with all shop floor employees on a daily basis
- Ability to use precision measurement tools (i.e. Micrometers, depth gages, calipers, machinist level)
- Working knowledge of pneumatics and electrics
- Solid mechanical aptitude and background including machining, assembling, welding and fabrication.
- Strong computer skills with ability to manage full cycle processing of work orders with in-house program
- Flexibility in regards to rotating shifts and occasional overtime
** Career Connections Canada Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request an accommodation, please contact Career Connections Canada Inc..