|Job Location:||Toronto, Ontario - Canada|
|Salary:||contact recruiter for details|
|Employer Will Recruit From:||Regional|
Lots of Growth Potential with this Internation Client
150% Growth in last 2 years . 200% Growth Forecast for this coming Year
Our Client is a leader in construction industry with specialized techniques and operational systems.
The Monitoring Technician will act as the key point of contact for any tasks contributing to the monitoring system. They will work with the Project Engineer/Manager to ensure effective tracking of the our specialized systems.
It is critical that our systems’ performance is carefully observed, and any failures in the system can be caught quickly. The Monitoring Technician will ensure the monitoring system is providing this information. The Monitoring Technician will be required to have a strong understanding of each system under their supervision and have an intimate knowledge of the components.
Key role objective:
There are 3 principal functions of this position:
1. Manage the monitoring system on-site; this includes commissioning and decommissioning the system, troubleshooting issues, and performing repairs. To effectively achieve this, constant communication must be maintained with the Project Engineer to keep them updated and implement any changes they request.
2. Create and maintain the dashboards and alarm systems for the monitoring system. Use basic programming knowledge to resolve any issues which occur in these systems.
3. Request locates and produces well records to guarantee our client complies with regulations.
Key areas of responsibility:
* Install and remove monitoring system nodes on-site as required.
* Troubleshoot issues in the monitoring system to find and correct the point of failure.
* Debug issues in alarm system code.
* Build dashboards using drag-and-drop dashboard developer.
* Perform minor repairs on monitoring system components, typically soldering wires together.
* Maintain continuous communication with the Project Engineer to keep them updated with the system's status and implement any changes they require.
* Deliver a high quality 'right-first-time' approach to all operations activities.
* Request locates for sites and follows up to ensure they are received in a timely manner.
* Track locates to guarantee consistent coverage while drilling is underway to prevent delays.
* Produce well records, submit them to be signed by the well owner, and then submit them to the Ministry of Environment.
* Organize tasks to complete them in a timely manner.
* Monitor the performance of dewatering systems; make recommendations for optimizing monitoring system performance.
* To be responsible for your own health and safety, and that of colleagues, in accordance with current construction guidance, and relevant national and provincial legislation for our activities.
To undertake such other duties as may be reasonably expected.
Health, Safety, Environment & Quality:
To be responsible for own health and safety and that of colleagues, in accordance with current construction guidance and relevant legislation.
You will follow HSE Method Statement procedures and ensure objectives and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) are consistently met and exceeded.
The monitoring technician role is a crucial function in our operation. You must be an excellent verbal communicator and competent in written communications. A good telephone manner is required and you must be a good listener. Sometimes you will be dealing with people who won't necessarily have English as their first language and you will need to be calm, clear and patient with your speech. You will always ensure that if you cannot provide an answer to a question immediately you will respond as soon as you can.
You have a strong independent work ethic and are self-motivated, allowing you to complete tasks with minimal supervision.
* Access to a vehicle.
Qualifications & Experience:
* A motivated and hardworking individual with a focused take charge attitude is essential for this position.
* Electrical Engineer or Electrical Engineering Technician (or relevant engineering discipline).
* Be able to troubleshoot nodes, cables, and sensors, solder wires, and work with a Multimeter.
* Basic understanding of Java or similar coding language.
* Competent user of Microsoft Office suite products.
* Resourcefulness, initiative and the ability to work unsupervised.
* Hold a valid, unrestricted full G Drivers License.
You will be partake and contribute to regular management, planning, SHEQ, and design meeting at our client's office.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree