Noise, vibration, and harshness Engineer
|Amherst, New York - United States
contact recruiter for details
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
NVH Engineer, you are intent on understanding Acoustics and Vibration and the causal interactions of mechanical forces at both the micro and macro level. You are an innovative problem-solver with a keen interest in optimizing mechanisms through careful observation and testing.
Automotive industry, is seeking an NVH Engineer for their Amherst, New York facility.
The successful candidate will be a part of a globally recognized company that offers technologically innovative solutions for automotive and industrial applications. The company attributes their success to having diverse, competent teams of innovative, out of the box thinkers who want to reach their full potential, and by giving back to their community through various social engagement activities.
- Optimizing acoustic and vibration performance of current and new compression mechanisms
- Developing test methodologies for fundamental understanding of NVH performance of compression devices
- Creative, diagnostic, and innovative problem solving as applied to engineering NVH related solutions
- Designing and developing AC compressor components working with design personnel
- Developing and authoring engineering specifications for components and assemblies to be used in manufacturing facilities to mass-produce compressor components and assemblies
- Blueprint reading and interpretation & specification of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Assist with preparation and execution of test units
- Analyze test data and organize results relative to internal or customer specifications with observations and conclusions
- Apply engineering practices to reach design solutions
- Participate in innovation, product cost, and quality improvement initiatives
- Participate in cross-functional teams related to customer program launch activity
- Work with suppliers and manufacturing plants to insure product design for high value and manufacturability
- BS (MS or PHD preferred) in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering, NVH specialty
- 3+ years' experience in NVH rotating products
- Understanding of Principles of statics, dynamics, mechanics of materials, heat transfer, fluid mechanics, strengths of materials, thermodynamics, physics (mechanical and electrical) and engineering design
- Good written and oral skills – ability to convey technical concepts
- Ability to manage time and organize effectively with multiple projects
University - Master's Degree