Network Engineer WAN's
|Newcastle, New South Wales - Australia
contact recruiter for details
Must have work rights in Australia
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
A Cisco certified suitably qualified network engineer with 7+ years experience in in network troubleshooting, especially in customers WAN's
- 7+ years experience required (not suitable for a graduate)
- Small to medium business experience in a similar role
- - Broad knowledge of WAN's both trouble shooting, deploying & maintaining for cu
Full Job Description
Our client, based in Newcastle are growing and require additional staff to join the team in Networking. They currently deliver a range of services and products to their customers, mostly with a MS focus. They specialise in servicing the small to medium enterprises in Newcastle and the Valley, however they also hold contracts with National corporates via global licences.
Prior Remote customer support experience is preferred. You will be required to perform deployment troubleshooting of Data Centre Solutions consisting of any of the following:
- Suitable IT qualifications in Computer Science
- 7+ years experience in networking
- Successful experience inworking with customers
- Current CISCO, or Juniper or HP Aruba switching Professional (ACSP) or other industry certifications MS Azure etc
- Vmware Virtualisation Environments
- Prior customer support experience is required as you will be performing troubleshooting of Data Center Solutions involving any of the following: Fiber Channel, iSCSI or Network Attached Storage (NAS),Environments, Windows Operating Systems Environments and File Systems, Designs and implementations for integrated network and storage solutions, Multi-vendor platform and interconnect component interoperability and Layer 4-7 services (Firewalls / Load balancers / etc)
- Routers, switchgear
- SAN Configuration (HP)
This role is not for everyone as the challenge will be around applying your senior level skills in meeting deadlines and applying your people skills to getting the job done with a happy customer. This means an ability to develop and maintain effective relationships both internally and external to the business.
The role comes with a market rate and a team that are great to work with.
Scope of Position
We are looking for people to join our team of IT support staff and provide both onsite and remote support to our customers. We need experienced IT professionals with a strong background in network troubleshooting, deploying and maintaining Wide Area Networks for customers.
Our customers can either be small business customers where we install a single router device up to larger medium sized businesses where we can install multiple WAN points.
Experience and Qualifications
- Typically requires 7+ years of data networking or datacenter related experience.
- CCNP Routing and Switching or CCNP Data Center preferable
- HPE Aruba Certified Switching Professional (ACSP)
- Vmware virtualization environments
Prior customer support experience is preferred. Will be required to perform troubleshooting of Data Center Solutions consisting of any of the following:
- Fiber Channel, iSCSI or Network Attached Storage (NAS) Environments
- Windows Operating Systems Environments and File Systems
- Designs and implementations for integrated network and storage solutions.
- Multi-vendor platform and interconnect component interoperability
- Layer 4-7 services (Firewalls / Load balancers / etc)
The following skills will be desirable.
- Some experience with small to medium businesses working in a similar role around NSW Hunter Valley
- Industry qualifications in HP, Microsoft, Cisco highly desirable
- Broad knowledge on cloud systems and working inside data centres.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent demonstrated senior technical skills and experience
- Ability to meet deadlines, and prioritise multiple tasks
- Great interpersonal skills
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with staff and customers
Key Accountabilities and duties include but are not limited to:
- To be able to work on varied IT systems to provide installation of hardware and software.
- Implement action to build networks within agreed client timeframes and on budget
- Work with sales and accounts departments to manage successful service implementations
- Maintain and develop effective relationships with customer base
- Maintain and develop effective relation relationships with key stakeholders
- Ensure that all safety and OHS regulations are followed at all times
- Establishing networking environment by designing system configuration, directing system installation, defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards;
- the design and implementation of new solutions and improving resilience of the current environment;
- maximizing network performance by monitoring performance, troubleshooting network problems and outages, scheduling upgrades and collaborating with network architects on network optimisation;
- undertaking data network fault investigations in local and wide area environments, using information from multiple sources;
- securing network system by establishing and enforcing policies, and defining and monitoring access;
- the support and administration of firewall environments in line with IT security policy;
- updating job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organisations;
- reporting network operational status by gathering, prioritising information and managing projects;
- upgrading data network equipment to latest stable firmware releases;
- configuration of routing and switching equipment;
- configuration of hosted IP voice services;
- advanced configuration of firewalls;
- remote support of on-site engineers and end users/customers during installation;
- remote troubleshooting and fault finding if issues occur upon initial installation;
- capacity management and audit of IP addressing and hosted devices within data centres;
- liaising with project management team, 3rd line engineers and service desk engineers on a regular basis;
- Speaking with customers via email and phone for initial requirement capture.
Written and Verbal Communication
Integrity and Trust
Drive for results
Characteristics and Traits:
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated and enjoys working as part of a team
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- High attention to detail
- Demonstrated commitment to company core values
- Approachable and able to build a rapport with customers and gain their trust and respect and demonstrate dedication to exceed their expectations
- Can do attitude
Suitable Tertiary IT qualifications from TAFE or a University