Network Engineer - Bluecoat Experience - 80% Travel
|Norfolk, Virginia - United States
$115,000.00 - $175,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Join our team of experienced Network Engineers as they travel the U.S. supporting multiple clients as they build and secure thier networks in the commercial sector. If you are a road warrior, this is certainly the opportunity for you. Assignments last from 2 to 6 months, sometimes longer. You will work on the client site along side their team of experienced professionals.
- Articulate the overall Symantec Bluecoat Information Security value proposition, vision and strategy to customers and partners.
- Proficient in the architecture, design and deployment of these Bluecoat Product solutions
- Experience with other various IT technologies: SNMP, Syslog, PKI, HSM, VPN
- Experience leading root cause analysis and troubleshooting effort for production deployment
- Administer Blue Coat software platform at the customer site or remote.
- Map customer IT strategies to technical requirements and then to workable Symantec & Bluecoat solution architectures
- Architect the solution through to implementation planning
- Collaboratively develop and articulate an end-to-end solution design, inclusive of consulting, support and education
- Translate customer business requirements into integrated technical solutions
- Explain to the customer the complete solution deployment lifecycle
- Identify and execute assessment-led selling opportunities
- Perform essential sizing, tuning and configuration, and recommend solution best practices
- Provide customer with complete solution designs which may include 3rd-party products
- Articulate and document how Symantec solutions provide increased business value and improved technical capability when compared to our competitors
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent.
- 5 + years of successful technical systems and sales engineering experience in the security, security consulting and/or data protection industry.
- Specific experience in assessing customers' technical maturity against their defined goals and matching those assessments to solutions which meet or exceed client expectations
- Knowledge of IPSec, SSL, and VPN-based technologies.
- Detailed knowledge of the Security Industry.
- Experience with LAN/WAN/WLAN (802.11) networking design, connectivity, routing and switching protocols.
- Security Certifications such as CISSP and GIAC strongly preferred.
- Presentation-ready knowledge of several Symantec or competitor solutions and expertise in products making up one or more solutions.