|Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania - United States
$90,000.00 - $115,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
The North American HQ of a major international company can offer you an opportunity to work with top professionals managing corporate wide network infrastructure. This well managed and profitable firm offers excellent career advancement prospects, a strong compensation package and an opportunity to develop your professional skills with other progressive and like-minded professionals.
- Be responsible for administering global data, voice and security infrastructure.
- Work on improving all aspects of infrastructure efficiencies, including cost, reliability, speed etc.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with user groups and develop & propose solutions to meet corporate objectives.
- Work on system installation, integration and configuration projects, troubleshooting & documentation, training, and preventative maintenance.
- Be responsible for network security including firewalls. Able to conduct research into networking issues and products as required.
- Be able to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment.Have strong customer service orientation with proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- BS in Computer Science or Information Technology (or equivalent experience)
- Must have at least 5+ years of experience designing, deploying, and implementing core route/switch and/or data center networks in accordance with industry best practices
- Experience with logical network design models (L2/L3, WAN, Network Optimization, Spanning tree, VFR, VTP, VLANs, physical cabling).
- Working technical knowledge of network control protocols (QOS, PfR, PoE, NTP, DHCP), network management protocols (CDP, FTP, TFTP, SNMP) and security protocols (SSH, HTTPS, AAA, IPSec).
- Experience with Cisco ISE (Identity Services Engine), as well as Trustsec desired.
- Working technical knowledge of advanced Layer 2 technologies (LISP and VXLAN)
- Strong knowledge IP communication and routing is required (OSPF, EIGRP, BGP).
- Understand WAN/LAN and transport technologies (Ethernet, Frame Relay, DMVPN, WAAS and MPLS).
- Experience with Large-scale WAN deployments preferred.
- 3-5 years’ experience working in the WAN (Wide Area network) is desired.
- SD-WAN (IWAN, Viptela) implementation and migration experience desired. Experience with SD-WAN technologies (Versa, Riverbed, Silver Peak, and Velocloud) solutions a plus.
- Configuration management of networking devices using automation tools (DNA Center, APIC-EM, Cisco Prime) and API scripting with Python and/or Ansible.
Keywords: WAN, LAN, GAN, VPN, switching, routers, Cisco, CCNA
Relocation assistance available for qualified applicant
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree