Network Security Engineer
|Kingston, New York - United States
contact recruiter for details
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Outstanding opportunity for Network Security Engineer and ability to influence and drive cyber security policies for this mid-sized, successful organization.
This is a key role for someone who will drive security policies for infrastructure. Position also offers excellent career growth into position as primary Cyber Security Engineer who will drive over-all security policies for this highly successful organization offering long-term stability, great benefits (Tuition Assistance, 401k, excellent medical/dental). Positive, collaborative IT team.
- Apply your knowledge and experience with distributed and virtualized infrastructure, Windows technology, cyber defensive security approaches, SIEM, vulnerability assessment, penetration testing, and risk management frameworks to develop state of art cyber security strategy.
- Improve and maintain organization’s security infrastructure ensuring that it is responsive to changes in industry regulations and risk.
- Collaborate with the Network team, Enterprise Risk team and senior management to align technical security controls with security policies.
- Perform security testing and serve as the security liaison for audits.
- Act as company’s primary internal Security Engineer ‘expert’, driving security infrastructure and policies advances.
- 5+ years of security experience with emphasis on NETWORK and Infrastructure technology solutions and design, planning, for security architecture.
- Preferred: Security certifications such as CISSP are a plus.
- Preferred: BS in Computer Science, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, or related.
- Strong networking competency is essential.
- Experience implementing and operating technical security controls in accordance with Risk Management Frameworks (e.g. NIST, ISO, COBIT).
- Expertise in the secure configuration of Windows environments including Windows virtualized environment infrastructure, and cloud services (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) and applications.
- Experience creating security configuration baselines for an array of tech platforms.
- Strong working knowledge of TCP and UDP protocols, VPNs, IDS, IPS, SIEMs, and firewall technologies.
- Should have most of the following: SIEM, vulnerability assessment, discovery, infrastructure (firewall, IPS/IDS, proxy, network capture), host-based security, penetration testing/external assessment tools, forensics, etc.
- Experience applying platform security technical principles, access models, practices, and procedures
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact effectively with team members, business people and management.
- Able to manage multiple complex tasks
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree