|Title:||Network Security Technician|
|Job Location:||Greensboro, North Carolina - United States|
|Salary:||$45,000.00 - $55,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly|
|Employer Will Recruit From:||Local|
Growing IT company in downtown Greensboro has multiple openings for Network Security (SOC) Technicians. Shift is 11am-8pm, M-F. Client prefers on the job experience with network security but will consider a solid education and certifications in place of on the job experience. Candidates must be local to the Greensboro area or have a compelling reason to move here.
You will be part of a 24/7 Security Operations Center. You will have a good understanding of core technologies – basic level routing, switching, Firewalls, VPN’s, IDS/IPS, endpoint security solutions (AV, HIPS, DLP), Antivirus, Forensics, Microsoft products/ OS and Linux OS.
- First level analysis for real time events
- Report review
- Authoring customer notifications and general analysis activities
- Document findings
- Track incidents and provide details related to incidents to customer
- Work and coordinate “Work Actions” with a team
- Log, event management and compliance monitoring
- Minimum of 1-year experience working with systems monitoring. May include log monitoring, event management & compliance monitoring, vulnerability scanning tools, ITIL, ISO, etc.
- Knowledge of Security Architecture & design concepts to include defense in depth
- Understanding of the 6 phases of Incident Handling (Preparation, Identification, Containment, Mitigations, Remediation and Lessons Learned)
- Experience with ticketing systems, to include work flow, escalation and resolution documentation
Candidates will ideally have most of these attributes:
- OSI model
- IPv4/IPv6 networking
- OS-specific networking fundamentals
- Network security
- Identity Management