This closed position was filled. Check out our Jobs Search Page for our current open positions similar to this one.
|Job Location:||Greensboro, North Carolina - United States|
|Salary:||$40,000.00 - $55,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly|
|Employer Will Recruit From:||Local|
Growing IT company in downtown Greensboro has multiple openings for Network (NOC) Technicians. Shift is 11am-8pm, M-F. Client prefers on the job experience with networking (TCP/IP, subnetting, routers, firewalls, etc.) but will consider a solid education and certifications in place of on the job experience. Candidates must be local to the Greensboro area or have a compelling reason to move here.
- Provide timely response to all incidents, outages and performance alerts. Categorize issues for escalation to appropriate technical teams
- Troubleshoot and gather additional information required for escalation to other support teams and document all case details
- Recognize, identify and prioritize incidents in accordance with customer business requirements, organizational policies and operational impact
- Takes responsibility for handling incidents and following them through to escalation or resolution.
- Alerts appropriate parties of network problems and works diligently to resolve.
- Collect and review performance reports for various systems, and report trends in hardware and application performance to assist senior technical personnel to predict future issues or outages
- Monitor a wide variety of information and network systems that include, but are not limited to telecommunications circuits, LAN/WAN systems, routers, switches, firewalls, VoIP systems, servers, storage, backup, operating systems and core applications
- Document all actions in accordance with standard company policies and procedures.
- Notify customer and third- party service providers of issues, outages and remediation status
- Work with internal and external technical and service teams to create and/or update knowledge base articles
- Perform basic systems testing and operational tasks (installation of patches, network connectivity testing, script execution, etc.)
- Troubleshoot PC, printer, and application problems and resolve them in a timely manner.
- Provide support to remote field technicians
- Responsible for creating and maintaining access badges for multiple sites
- Responsible for managing antivirus for enterprise workstations
- Document IT Processes to be used as training materials and how to guides.
- Support multiple technical teams in 24 x 7 environment operational environments with high uptime requirements. Varied shift schedules may include day or evening hours.
Candidates will ideally have most of these attributes:
- Previous NOC experience
- OSI model
- IPv4/IPv6 networking
- OS-specific networking fundamentals
- Network security
- Identity Management
- Knowledge in Windows, XP/Vista / 7/ 8/ 8.1/ 10
- Knowledge of Windows server 2003/ 2008/ 2012 R2, Exchange 2010/ 2013 and Lync 2010 / 2013 is preferred
- Knowledge of Active Directory services, policies, and group access
- Basic Microsoft, COMPTIA, and/or Cisco certifications (CCNA, MCP, NET+, etc.) preferred