Network Translation Engineer
|Waynesboro, Virginia - United States
$70,000.00 - $80,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
|Top reasons to work for my client:
If that’s you, let’s talk!
- Leaders at all levels including executives and CEO are accessible!
- Foster personal and professional development!
- Maintain a supportive and healthy work environment!
- Encourage balance between work, family, friends, and community!
- Respect the value that individual differences offer!
- Merging with Spirit Communications!
- Tuition Reimbursement!
- Medical, Delta Dental and Vision and great PTO!
- Family like work culture!
What you will be doing:
The Network Translations Engineer designs, builds, and maintains all the translations associated with the Wireline 5ESS switches, BroadWorks Soft Switch, and MetaSwitch Soft Switches (including Dial Plans, POTs, ISDN BRI svcs, ISDN PRI svcs, Centrex svcs, Trunks, VOIP svcs, and STPs (which support all the lines of business’ SS7 routing needs).
- Design and evaluate emerging technology and assist in creating roadmap for future solutions.
- Support Customer Care, Control Center, Network Operations and field Technicians in analyzing/correcting dialing and network troubles.
- Assist managing LUMOS Centrex, voice mail and paging systems - technical interface to customer applications (design and implementation).
- Work with Marketing and Sales Engineering coordinating product implementation of new services connecting the public switched network to customer switching networks.
- Manage Commercial Automatic Call Distribution (ACD) systems for the Waynesboro LUMOS Control Center and Genicom, the Tekelec Sentinel SS7 monitor system for trouble shooting, etc.
Experience you will need:
- 7 to 10 years’ engineering experience in Local Exchange Network (voice and data) switching technology.
- Extensive knowledge/training on the Lucent 5E switching technology, BroadWorks soft switch, MetaSwitch soft switch, voice mail, and SS7 STPs.
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently
- Strong critical thinking
- Strong communication skills and written.
- Four-year degree in computer/electronics related field or equivalent experience in the communications field.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree