Network and Security Engineer
|Chicago, Illinois - United States
$125,000.00 - $165,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Network and Security Engineer
are a market-leading commodity broking company with a thriving Chicago office.
The last few years have seen our organisation grow rapidly in terms of both size and complexity. We’ve acquired businesses, opened offices in new locations, joined new exchanges, added new products and asset classes, all within an ever changing regulatory environment against a background of geopolitical instability.
Skills And Competencies
- Cisco ASR Chassis Router (Must have)
- Cisco Nexus Chassis Router 2K, 7K and 9K (Must have)
- Cisco 3548 (Must have)
- Juniper Junos (Must have)
- Palo Alto firewall and Panorama (Must have)
- Aruba switches (Must have)
- Aruba Clearpass (Must have)
- Juniper MX (Beneficial)
- MPLS, RSVP, LDP, L2VPN, L3VPN, VPLS, VRF
- Multicast PIM Sparse and dense mode
- LAN-LAN and Remote access IPSec VPN
- Routing, Switching, NAT
- Arista Network Switching
- Cisco IOS and Catos, Juniper JUNOS
- Juniper SRX Firewall
- Spanning Tree Protocol and Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol
- IP network packet troubleshooting and analysis
- WAN/Campus LAN network design and implementation
- Firewall DMZ design and implementation
- Internet architecture design and implementation
- Network issue troubleshooting
- Understanding of MPLS technology
- Understanding of Cisco IP Telephony
- Understanding of different exchange connectivity (e.g. CME, ICE, Liffe, Eurex, MEFF, LME)
- Project management skills from inception to delivery
- Good communication and organisation skills
- Ability to work as part of a virtual team between different offices
- Must be able to work under demanding conditions
- Familiar with standard service management principles & processes, i.e. incident, problem, change & configuration, etc. Ideally versed in / certified in ITIL (to a foundational level, or better) or similar service management practices
- Familiar with project management practices for full project lifecycle - ideally certified in PRINCE2, PMI or similar (to a foundational level, or better)
- Have demonstrable exposure to a time-sensitive, critical operating environment, working to tight deadlines and providing both structured delivery & responding to incidents & events
Experience And Qualifications
- CCNP / JNCIP level or Bachelor Degree in Computer Science.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science
- Minimum of 5 years of network and security hands on working experience
If this sounds like a fitting next step, we’d love to hear from you.
The company is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and, as such, at all times during your employment you are required to comply with any applicable rules or standards imposed by the Financial Conduct Authority applicable to your role. You must ensure that you complete any and all Compliance training required of you by the Company and abide by the Company’s Compliance policy at all times. You are also required to cooperate with any procedures or requirements put in place by the Company from time to time to enable it to access and monitor your fitness and propriety on an on-going basis.
We are currently searching for an engineer to join our Network team. The Network team is responsible for the design, implementation and maintenance of the overall Global network infrastructure of the company and we are seeking a bright and talented network engineer (Cisco, Palo Alto and Juniper). As a network engineer, you will have the responsibility for setting up, developing and maintaining computer networks within the organisation. You will offer support to users, who can be staff, clients, customers and suppliers, and troubleshoot any problems that arise.
Your aim is to ensure the integrity and stability of the high availability network infrastructure to provide maximum performance for the organisation.
- Operational support and troubleshooting/root cause analysis for all network related issues.
- Monitoring the global network infrastructure.
- Documentation of the global network infrastructure.
- DR testing of the global network infrastructure.
- Periodic update of the network equipment.
- Work within a global network team and provide support to other regions and be a point of contact for North America network infrastructure.
- Act a resource representing the Network team for IT projects (Cross team collaboration).
- Design/Implementation of new network requirements/changes for business requirements.
- Network security design and implementation.
- Ability to quickly learn new or unfamiliar technology and products using documentation and internet resources.
- Expected to contribute to managing technical & service life cycles. Including strategies, roadmaps and "buy-hold-sell" lists; as well as vendor liaison, assessment and management.
- On call support and ability to perform technical network and security changes outside working hours/weekend
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree