Operations Manager - Automotive/Roll Forming / OEM *Please see comments*
|Mississauga (Erin Mills / Western Business Park), Ontario - Canada
$90,000.00 - $130,000.00 - Canadian Dollars - Yearly
|Bonus + RRSP
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Strong , Financiall stable corporation that is always busy during the covid time. Excellent role with very low turn over in emplyoees.
Primary skills/knowledge and tasks:
- Manage projects between sales, engineering and manufacturing departments.
- Typically need to manage 12M to 15M in sales volume annually.
- Must be very organized and able to track, document and file accordingly all applicable communication and key documents in Metform’s document management system.
- Must be diligent to timelines and able to work with Microsoft project.Physical updates are done by an Engineering administrator.
- Manage and prioritise projects to schedules and particularly manage conflicting priorities.
- Must be able to facilitate a weekly production meeting involving Eng’g Mgr., Purchasing, Project Mgr and President (occasionally)
- Understands and has the ability to improve communication systems and lead the team to the disciplines of using the system.
- Must be able to respond to customer issues, organize resources and create plans in order to support desired solutions.
- Be proactive to identify areas of the project which might cause issues or affect timing, quality or the customer’s expectations.
- Manage activity back to scope of work in the project.Must be able to “push back” to the customer on scope requested outside of the scope of work agreement in the order.
- Manage communication and activities between suppliers when necessary.
- Manage commissioning either at Metform or on site.
- Manage “buy offs” either at Metform or on site and document accordingly.
- Understands the need for working toward metrics set for the project and inspection of progress toward meeting these metrics. ie:on time & on budget
- Has mastered the key elements (and shows evidence of) of being a professional in a leadership role.
- Has industry knowledge and understands how drive a project to completion.
- Is task oriented with a bias for action to meet deadlines.
- Polished professional approach specifically with the customer and is comfortable dealing with higher level decision makers.
- Is interested in helping Metform grow its business.
- Wants to be part of a winning organization.
- Has a proven track record of performance in previous capacities and in life.
- Is achievement oriented.
- Leads by example and obtains credibility as a servant leader.
- Understands their own strengths/weaknesses and leverages their strengths.
- Finds a way of overcoming “roadblocks”.