This closed position was filled. Check out our Jobs Search Page for our current open positions similar to this one.
|Title:||Operations Manager - Petrochemicals|
|Job Location:||Beaumont, Texas - United States|
|Salary:||$150,000.00 - $160,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly|
|Other Compensation:||10-15% bonus|
|Employer Will Recruit From:||Nationwide|
Operations Manager role in the Performance Products Division of this global chemicals company at their flagship facility near Beaumont, Texas (2 hours east of Houston). At this facility, you will have the ability to work with some of the best and brightest management team members, technical personnel, and craftsmen to achieve production goals in a culture that promotes safety and rewards performance. You will have the ability to continue in the development of your technical and management/leadership skills to be considered in the future for higher levels of responsibility. USA based company but spans throughout the globe.
· Is directly responsible to assure the assigned units are conducting business in a safe and environmentally compliant manner including extending such protection to the neighboring communities.
· Oversee day-to-day activities in the assigned units and notify the Sr Operations Manager and other discipline managers of any relevant issues that arise.
· As a member of the managerial staff, is responsible to the Sr Operations Manager for administration, planning, coordination, and implementation of activities in the applicable operations department. Participates in formulating administrative practices and procedures, interfaces with leaders of other functional disciplines, bargaining unit leaders, and associates.
· With the assistance of the HR Business Partner, administers plant personnel policies, evaluates work, and makes recommendations to Sr Operations Manager, Plant Manager and Senior Leadership Team on hiring, promotions, salaries, compensation philosophies, coaching and counseling and if necessary the release of people under his/her direction. .
· Participate in budgeting activities, reviews costs and expenses, and strives for continuous improvement, cost efficiency, and safety of unit operations.
· Essential functions require presence in the workplace on a regular basis and an ability to work extra hours if needed. If applicable, ability to work overtime may be needed to ensure required staffing capacity to meet daily production objectives.
· Work collaboratively with team members with different backgrounds and perspectives.
· Assists other employees in accomplishments of Huntsman company goals. Follows instructions and performs other duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
· Participates in Environmental, Health, & Safety initiatives as set forth by the company. Participates in and completes company-required training programs.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Chemistry, and 3+ years of operations supervisory experience in a petrochemical manufacturing or refining facility.
· Must have a level of proficiency with Internet, Email, and Microsoft programs
· Requires a broad knowledge of engineering principles governing petrochemical operations. Must have experience in the chemical industry with strong background in plant operations and equipment. Must be able to coordinate the activities of operations personnel in all matters necessary to run the units in a safe, environmentally compliant, reliable, and efficient manner.
· Must have strong technical and analytical abilities in order to handle operational problems and plant compliance concerns with quick diagnosis and prompt decisions. Must have the ability to motivate and influence others. Strong communication and diplomacy skills as this role will interact with all levels of the organization as well as the general public.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree