|Title:||Operations Manager - Tier I Automotive|
|Job Location:||Canton, Ohio - United States|
|Salary:||$95,000.00 - $115,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly|
|Employer Will Recruit From:||Regional|
Our client is a large Tier I Automotive supplier that has an opportunity for Operations Manager at their plant located west of Canton, OHIO. The successful candidate will have at least 5 to 7 years experience working as Operations Manager, Manufacturing Manager, or similar within a Tier I automotive supplier environment at the plant level.
Position Specific Requirements (PSR):
• Responsible for Plant Safety. Drive safety compliance and practices to ensure that employees are provided a safe work environment. Fully support safety program and it’s initiatives.
• Develop and implement operational plans and support continuous improvement objectives to achieve plant goals and financial targets
• Create and manage operational plans that deliver productivity gains through process improvement across all elements of the business
• Overall ownership of the Operations Team and management of the supervisor staff across 3 shifts
• Manages, monitors, and controls material, labor, and overhead costs in respective area. Adapts departmental plans and priorities to address resource and operational challenges.
• Participate in budgeting and monthly forecasting process for the plant. Develop plans to achieve the forecasted labor amounts.
• Manage the plant OEE tracking and work with the Engineering department to prioritize and improve OEE’s throughout the plant.
• Support launch process by participating in the planning process, reviews and pre- production builds.
• Maintain effective relationships with key business/operational contacts
• Ensure high level of operational quality
• Perform all aspects of performance management. Initiate appropriate action using in-house performance management procedures
• Assist and manage the delivery of key projects that have an impact on operations
• Determine and monitor performance and service levels. Ensure that services are delivered within agreed resources
• Implement continuous improvement activities within departments
• Create a work environment that drives continuous improvement and employee engagement
• Ensure effective coordination across all operations functions
• Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience
• Requires 5-7 years of relevant experience.
• Excellent computer including typing and the use of Microsoft Excel and Word
• Proven leadership abilities
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to read, write and perform non-complex mathematical calculations