|Atlanta, Georgia - United States
contact recruiter for details
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Fast Track within 2 years to Plant Director with a global Manufacturing Co.
Excellent Benefits including PENSION, 401K Match & Stock Purchase Program
Operations Manager fast track to Plant Manager/Director
Company: Global Multibillion High Speed Manufacturing Company with Excellent Benefits including Pension Plan, Immediate Vesting in Co. 401K match, employee Stock purchase program.
Position: fast track to Plant Manager/Plant Director
Location: 1st location will be at a large high-speed facility in either GA, OH or PA followed by Relocation within a two-year timeframe in North America via promotion to Plant Manager/Director of Operations over another company owned plant. Multiple desirable locations across North America. Must be willing to relocate within the US including Hawaii.
Primary Purpose of Position:
The Operations Manager is open as part of a succession planning program in a learning mode to become Director of Operations/Plant Manager at another company owned plant. Assists Director of Operations in the direction of assigned plant. Ensures the plant meets the group’s overall business plans and objectives.
- Overall safety and environmental performance in the plant by ensuring plant focus on programs, procedures and KPI’s in accordance with company safety/environmental programs.
- Manage a team of 5 to 6 direct reports in a high-speed manufacturing packaging plant with 400+ associates.
- Supports the selection, training, growth and development of shift and staff personnel to attain organizational goals.
- Supports development, implementation, maintenance, and ongoing improvement of the food safety system i.e. HAACP.
- Provides direction of plant operations for the manufacturing of group products in accordance with process and product specifications and quality standards, complying with contractual and/or customer requirements and meeting financial objectives.
- Provides direction/support to plant operations to include production, engineering, quality, lean etc.
- Facilitates and partners with all functions in the preparation of the plant’s operating budget.
- Ensures the plant complies with all environmental regulations by maintaining effective environmental programs and maintains knowledge and awareness of environmental requirements.
- Initiates, reviews, masters, and follows all standard operating procedures (SOPs) for area of responsibility.
- Supports positive employee relations in the plant, including with local/national union leadership, if applicable.
- Complies with environmental regulations when using, dispensing, or handling hazardous and non-hazardous materials and wastes.
- Orchestrate activities and projects to maintain optimal level of customer service for both internal and external customers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business, or Supply Chain (MBA-Preferred).
- 5 years minimum of Manufacturing Leadership experience over direct management level reports in a manufacturing environment (high speed manufacturing/food grade packaging/food & beverage, consumer package goods CPG) fortune 500 level manufacturing company
- Customer focused ability to negotiate with customers to promote or sell ideas or concepts.
- Demonstrated successful experience using Lean Six Sigma Continuous Improvement principles in manufacturing.
- Strong values including high integrity, collaboration, operating like an owner to inspire associates to meet plant and organizational goals.
- Stable work history with a pattern of consistent career progression via promotion as a direct result of high integrity performance in a Highly matrixed/High growth organization.
- Ability to relocate nationwide within a 2 two-year period as part of a succession plan to Plant Manager/Director to lead another company owned plant in North America
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree