|Beaumont, Texas - United States
contact recruiter for details
|20% target bonus
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our client is a global leader in the design, development and manufacture of acrylic-based products. With manufacturing, sales and distribution capabilities across EMEA, The Americas and Asia Pacific, they are the energy and driving force behind some of the world’s best known branded acrylic products, which make a significant contribution to a wide range of growing sectors and geographic markets.
The Operations Manager is responsible for leading all aspects of the operations across the Beaumont complex. The manager is responsible for leading the operations organization to safely and efficiently produce MethylMethacrylate(MMA) and MethAcrylic Acid(MAA) in accordance with the requirements of the business S&OP plan.
The Operations Manager is a senior member of the site leadership team and as such is considered the leading succession candidate for the Beaumont Site Director or the Site Director for plant site for the new world scale facility that is currently planned for 2023.
As the leader of the organization, the Operations Managers key area of responsibility is to work cohesively with the site leadership team to deliver the objectives of the manufacturing strategy and to develop the people within the organization. As such, this leader will work closely with leaders in Technology, EH&S, and maintenance & Reliability to achieve the objectives of the Beaumont site.
Direct Reports: Production Leaders, Production Engineers, Administrative Assistant
In-Direct Reports: Process Specialists, Lab Supervisor, Lab Technician, Operations Supervisors, Site Logistics Coordinator, Logistics Coordinator Assistant, Hourly Production Shift Operators, Services Operators
- Manage the operation of the process units in a way that achieves an injury and incident free performance; is in full compliance with safety, process safety and environmental standards.
- Plan, budget, and manage the plant operations to safety achieve the S&OP production plan which includes the collaboration with Technology, Maintenance, and Reliability leadership.
- Lead the implementation of the Manufacturing Strategy and develop plans and management systems to drive changes within manufacturing to achieve the strategic objectives. Lead the implementation of ISO 9001 and RC14001 culture within operations.
- Ensures that systems, tools, and processes are in place to manage product quality that always meets customers’ expectations.
- Ensure excellent communications and collaboration with peer leaders in EH&S, Technology, and Maintenance and Reliability to effectively achieve strategic objectives.
- Ensure excellent communications and rapport within the operations organization and lead the development of effective development programs for all operations employees. Fosters an environment of engagement, collaboration, and empowerment across the operations teams.
- Ensure that development programs for all roles is in place and effective via the use of regular training and best in class operating discipline. Ensure that the sustainability of the organization is in place via performance management, development, and succession planning.
- Must have specific knowledge of a continuous process, ACH-based MMA and Spent Acid Regeneration plant to be able to effectively seize opportunities to drive continuous improvement.
- Must be able to perform continual analysis of each functional area of the plant, properly evaluating capabilities against requirements in order to assure the production of quality products at minimum cost consistent with S&OP requirements.
- Must possess a strong commitment to high standards in EHS and Manufacturing Excellence philosophy.
- BS or advanced degree in Chemical Engineering is required
- Due to this role being on the career path for leading succession candidate for the site director, the successful candidate must have 10 years or more of operations management experience with a strong record of results delivery in continuous PSM regulated chemical processes.
- Proven leadership in the delivery of sustainable results through people leadership, change management, and the use of rigorous management systems.
- Strong competencies in the areas of communication, teamwork, people development, coaching, strategic and tactical thinking, and organizational skills.
- Individuals must have in-depth knowledge of chemical processes, maintenance technology, reliability engineering, and integrated technology platforms such as SAP, CMMS, LIMS, and similar systems.
- Position requires strong leadership and people management skills.
- Interpersonal effectivenessthat builds upon collaborative relationships that embodies a culture of trust and respect while working well with others through team building, training of operators and ensuring standards are met.
- Tenacitythat never gives up; going above and beyond any and all obstacles by enduring to overcome those obstacles and complete all assigned task, as well as those task that avail themselves during any given situation.
- Analytical thinking that logically breaks down problems into their essential elements, which involves trouble shooting, diagnosing and developing solutions in order to meet production targets, as well as explaining situations to maintenance staff and management.
- Initiative that engages in a proactive behavior which seizes the opportunities placed before them and the company. This requires going beyond meeting obvious needs but seeking to build upon the situation and input or request from others.
- Results Orientation that drives and focuses on key objectives, safety of employees, effective outcomes, resource management and the overall bottom-line, while providing awareness of the business so that appropriate value is placed on production targets and customer needs.
- Strategic thinking that encompasses the site’s long term financial and production goals into consideration while enabling a sense of ownership and accountability.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree