|Windsor, Ontario - Canada
contact recruiter for details
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Great opporutnity with a leading production facility based in Windsor, ON.
Competative compensation, benefits, RRSP contribution.
Relocation assistance for the right candidate.
Innovative, forward thinking company with opporutnity for growth.
Operations Production Manager with experience in large scale manufacturing. This position is located in Windsor, ON.
With a strong technical background in lean manufacturing and continuous improvement initiatives, the Operations Production Manager will effectively oversee and manage the flow of people, information, and materials. The Operations Production Manager will be responsible for teaching and coaching their team, and working to continuously improve plant processes across the organization.
- Plan, direct and coordinate the manufacturing operation in compliance with company goals and objectives
- Coach, mentor and help grow high-performing teams by developing and conducting performance management for shift supervisors and providing ongoing coaching and feedback
- Lead and effectively communication plant objectives and projects to supervisors and team leaders
- Champion high moral in production areas to ensure team meets safety, quality, delivery and cost objectives, while proactively identifying continuous improvement opportunities
- Utilize reporting/tracking results to detect, escalate and find areas of opportunity and improvement in the flow of people, materials and information
- Ensure fiscal adherence to budget and approve expenditures ensuring that materials, labour and equipment are used efficiently to meet production targets
- Participate in standardization, cost reduction and systemic improvement
- Manage resources and activities to provide optimal organizational impact
- Liaise with cross-functional departments and drive project teams
- Promote safety, quality innovation and continuous improvement
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business or related field
- Minimum 10 years of manufacturing operations management experience, with at least 7 years within a leadership capacity for a high volume, world class manufacturer
- Previous experience in off-set printing and manufacturing would be considered an asset
- Proven experience with lean manufacturing and/or Toyota Production System
- Proven success in meeting and exceeding Key Performance Indicators and implementing and enforcing plant safety guidelines
- Driven, energetic and a proven strategic leader
- Ability to quickly adapt in a fast-paced work environment and work with all levels and positions within the organization
- Demonstrated strategic analysis and planning skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree