PSM/ Process Safety Managment Compliance Engineer
|Richmond, Virginia - United States
$95,000.00 - $115,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
- This a growing company that is both young (being 2 years old) and stable (being profitable for many decades under global company before spinning off to grow)
- Have a hand in shaping who the company is going to be in 5-10 years
- Great career growth with the company
PSM Compliance Engineer
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Partner with Advansix HS&E organization to ensure compliance with RC-14001 standards relative to Process Safety. This includes successful roll out and management of the Process Safety Code.
- Lead/coordinate the three year annual audits for the Frankford and Hopewell sites including managing the process to close all action items.
- Lead/coordinate the ACAP auditing activities for Process Safety at all of the facilities.
- Partner with site PSM Leaders to continue enhancement of process safety culture and improve process safety competence.
- Partner with site functions to ensure PSM compliance at the site. This will include all procedure updates and training, appropriate use of management of change, closure of action items, and timely inspections/calibrations. Note: For the Hopewell site, RMP compliance is included in the scope of job duties.
- Implement a strategy/process for verifying the effectiveness of safeguards designed to prevent Process Safety events.
- Lead global PHAs.
- Bachelors Degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering required.
- Minimum 5 years Chemical Engineering experience required.
- Minimum of 3 years process safety experience.
- PHA leader experience
- Root cause analysis experience
- Project management experience
- Six Sigma certification
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience influencing within an organization
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree