Permanent Packaging Operator
|Brampton, Ontario - Canada
contact recruiter for details
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our client in Brampton is presently looking for Packaging Operators to join their Production department on the afternoon shift.
The main responsibilities of this position are to perform activities within the packaging department pertaining to the filling and packaging of drug product within a current Good Manufacturing Practices (cG.M.P) environment.
- Complete G.M.P. documents, such as the Packaging Work Order.
- Place packaged drug product into case shippers.
- Perform manual functions on the line such as transferring tubes from one conveyor to the next, flip cartons and supply the various magazines / hoppers with components.
- Operate packaging equipment and be able to perform roll changes and basic trouble shooting.
- Perform “in process “checks as directed by the line leader.
- Verify in-process test results, component lot # changes etc.
- Assist with the counting (reconcile) of components used for the packaging operation.
- Perform housekeeping tasks such as washing floors, walls etc.
- Participate in the Line Clearance Process.
- Assist line leaders with documentation and enter data into appropriate applications
- Operate manual fillers and L Bar sealers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Complete all GMP Documentation correctly and in a timely manner.
- Complete all training assignments and maintain personal training records.
- Participate in Non Conformance Investigations if required.
- Participate in Internal, Customer and Regulatory Audits.
HOURS OF WORK
AFTERNOON SHIFT: Monday to Friday inclusive from 3:25 PM through to 11:35 PM OR
NIGHT SHIFT: Monday (Night) to Saturday (Morning) from 11:25 PM through to 7:35 AM.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Previous experience in a similar role within a pharmaceutical packaging environment.
- Excellent math skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills are required for daily interactions with shop floor personnel.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to communicate and work effectively in a team-based environment.
- Ability to use a computer including Microsoft and Manufacturing Execution software.
- Manual functions require good hand / eye co-ordination.
- Position requires sitting, standing, lifting and walking throughout the day.
- Overtime will be required. This may include additional time during the workweek and / or weekends.
** Career Connections Canada Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of