|Title:||Ph.D. Director Analytical Instrumentation Application Support|
|Job Location:||Toronto, Ontario - Canada|
|Salary:||contact recruiter for details|
|Employer Will Recruit From:||
Our client is a leading edge company working in the optics space. They require a Ph.D. Bioanalytical Instrumentation Application Support Director to train, mentor, educate, lead a team of specialists training and supporting customers in the application of company instrumentation used for cell and cell component analysis. Teaching external and internal specialists providing product application support, technical writing, online learning, as well as troubleshooting. There is also a component related to new product development and marketing. Focus on online e-learning.
Role available in Toronto, ON.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develop and implement a technical training plan that will work for both external and internal customers.
• Responsible for process of handling escalated application issues.
• Employee development, budget for your team.
• Making sure that new cell analysis products match customer requirements.
• Work with other departments to service their requests for application support, writing, content, online learning assistance.
• Create and upgrade materials used for training - manuals, white papers, application notes, and presentations - big focus on online learning tools.
• Ph.D. in biology/genetics/life sciences/related followed by experience in molecular or stem cell biology,cancer or immunology research working with NGS, qPCR, or mass spectrometry/related.
• 8 -10 years of pertinent experience in industry, showing increasing team leadership building roles.
• Have set up training programs including online learning, e-learning, best to have used an enterprise learning management system.
• Able to do 25% travel if in the Toronto area - otherwise up to 40%.
• Excellent customer training, communication, organization, leadership, interpersonal communication skills.
• Background working within a biotech technical writing lifecycle.
• Proven experience developing customer training online learning.
• Great MS Office and eLearning software computer skills.
University - PhD