|Fort Lauderdale, Florida - United States
$65.00 - $65.00 - US Dollars - Hourly
Miami Dade county, Palm Beach County, Broward county
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Multiple opportunities with one of the fastest growing home health organizations in South Florida.
New grads welcome to apply!
Flexible hours, Per Diem or Full time available
Will only see 7 - 10 patients a day and travel within 20 miles of base city.
Additional incentives available
The ideal candidate will function as a professional member of patient’s treatment who evaluates, assesses, and delivers services according to a written plan of treatment established by a physician.
Provides supervision for all services rendered by Physical Therapy Assistants. Evaluations are performed by peers.
Duties of the Registered Physical Therapist include, but are not limited to:
- Provide comprehensive assessment, which may include OASIS data elements to evaluate patient’s level of physical functioning and need for physical therapy services.
- Discuss evaluation with physician, seek input from patient/caregiver, establish a plan of care to assist patient meet maximum rehabilitation potential.
- Carry out prescribed treatments; and /or supervise PTA in carrying out PT program.
- Establish/instruct in home exercise program (HEP); document instructions on visit notes.
- Observe and report to physician pertinent changes in the patient’s level of functioning. Communicate changes to other team members involved in the patient’s care.
- Maintain appropriate documentation of all services as per Agency policy.
- Conduct self-in professional manner at all times and in all situations.
- Provide Agency with all required evidence, including copy of license/registration, to allow Agency to verify experience.
- Accept only those assignments for which qualified.
- Comply with all State, Federal, Local and Agency rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Maintain all patient/Agency information in strictest confidence.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures including HIPPA.
- Respect patient rights, cultural beliefs.
Minimum: Bachelor’s degree from accredited PT program by the council on Medical Education of the American Medical Association.
- Licensed/registered in the State of Florida as Physical Therapist.
- Minimum of one-year current experience as Physical Therapist.
- Currently licensed in the State of Florida.
- Preferred - Bilingual fluent in English and Spanish.
- At least one year of experience under the supervision of a Registered Physical Therapist.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Additional languages preferred
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position without compromising client care.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree