Pilot Plant Technologist
|Brampton Central, Ontario - Canada
contact recruiter for details
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Full Time Permanent Position with Competitive Salary
Great Company Culture with Growth Opportunities
The purpose of this position is to manufacture exhibit batches including the compounding and packaging of products from Lab scale development batches up to commercially sized pre-validation batches. The individual in this position is responsible for ensuring that equipment in the pilot plant is maintained according to GMP standards. In addition, this position is responsible for the maintenance of an adequate inventory of raw materials and packaging components required for use in the Formulation Labs and for the production of exhibit and scale-up batches.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- This individual is responsible for the compounding and packaging of Exhibit Batches using both the pilot plant and commercial equipment.
- This individual is responsible for the process development and scale up of R&D Formulations using the bench scale lab equipment, pilot plant and commercial equipment.
- This individual is responsible maintenance / calibration of equipment in Product Development Lab and in Pilot Plant.
- This individual is responsible for the staging of raw materials and packaging components for exhibit / processing batch manufacturing. This includes but is not limited to the setting up and preparation of the processing vessels, packaging equipment and ancillary equipment as well as ensuring that all documentation is completed.
- This individual is responsible maintenance of an adequate inventory of raw materials and packaging components for exhibit batch / processing batch manufacturing.
- This individual is responsible for the cleaning of the Pilot Plant and Pilot Plant equipment according to GMP standards, and maintaining cleaning records.
- This individual is responsible for the maintenance of the R&D inventory systems.
- It is the function of this individual to receive and sample R&D new raw materials and packaging components.
- It is the function of this individual to provide materials to PD formulators and analytical chemists.
- It is the function of this individual to compound small batches for analytical purposes if needed.
- Source new equipment for use in the Formulation laboratories and Pilot Plant.
- Co-ordinate the disposal of expired R&D raw materials, packaging components, finished packaged product and obsolete Formulation Laboratory experiments.
- Fork-lift operation to maintain the R&D warehouse inventory and stage materials for exhibit batch / processing batch manufacturing.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent GMP knowledge is needed to ensure that exhibit batches are compounded and packaged according to cGMP guidelines.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills are needed to facilitate the scheduling of PD batches with the Operations Group in order to deal with the wide range of individuals within the organization.
- Excellent computer skills are needed for documentation, technical reports and inventory system management.
University - Associate's Degree/Graduate Diploma/2 Years