|Newark, New Jersey - United States
contact recruiter for details
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
A duel Engineering & Leadership role with a focus on Continuous Improvement in a small chemical processing plant.
- This is a multi-site manufacturing company with a long history (over years) and a well-respected parent company offering great benefits and career stability. They have many long-standing repeat customers including into markets that are recession-proof (such as power generation). They also have an active Product Development team to remain relevant.
- This site is small enough that your efforts will stand out (picture a plant with about 50 employees- 25 union production plus non-union support staff, such as lab chemists, managers, field service & sales, etc.)
- A resume-building position especially for those aspiring to Plant Management with one direct report now and exposure to EHS in addition to engineering. Your official title will be “Engineering Supervisor” and your success will measurable.
Apply skills in Lean Manufacturing to maximize production efficiency and minimizing equipment downtime while continuing to meet all safety, environmental, and regulations requirements. You will supervise the maintenance technician and engage with all departments supporting continuous improvement while also serving on the Site Leadership Team.
- Provide Plant Process Engineering support leading Continuous Improvement and on-site troubleshooting efforts.
- Apply fundamental Lean principles and tools for waste elimination & problem solving (5S, value stream mapping, and etc)
- Complete Capital Projects to optimizes workflow and floor space, minimize equipment downtime, and provide maximum production capacity. Monitoring the capital budget.
- Write and improve Standard Operating Procedures and manufacturing processes; Consult with machine operators and supervisors to maximize efficiencies and improve processing procedures and quality of products.
- Supervise the Maintenance Technician who handles building and equipment maintenance (chillers, compressors, conveyors, robots, lights, grounds, security, and production equipment). Monitors the maintenance budget.
- Diagnose equipment downtime causes and reasons for equipment failure; develop strategies to improve reliability and continually revises the Preventative Maintenance program to minimizing downtime.
- Participates as a site safety leader promoting stellar Environmental Health & Safety performance fostering a culture that promotes safety with a high level of employee engagement. Facilitates monthly safety committee meeting, sets agenda, prepares meeting minutes, performs facility safety audits, and updates facility audit findings.
- Participate in cross-functional initiatives as a key member of the site the Quality Team and Planning Team.
Requested Applicant Background:
We are searching for an engineering jack-of-all trades in a chemical processing facility with significant experience in Lean Manufacturing and understating of Plant Maintenance programs.
- B.S. Engineering. Prefers Chemical Engineering but they are open to others
- 10+ years in Plant Engineering in a chemical processing plant supporting 24/7 operations.
- Exceptional troubleshooting skills and demonstrated Project Management experience
- Has knowledge of plant safety, OSHA regulation, LOTO, and other regulatory concerns.
- Lean experience - SOP’s, Total Productive Maintenance (TPM), autonomous maintenance, 5S, and other Lean Tools
- Strong problem solving and applied statistics skills are required. Six Sigma Green or Black belt is a plus.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and Project Management software
- Additionally: The ideal candidate will also have knowledge of water purification or Ion Exchange systems. (Not a must)
- Authorized to work for any employer in the USA without restrictions. (Sorry no sponsorship available now or in the future.)
We are focused on local candidates but there is a good relocation package for the rare person who meets every requirement!
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree