Plant Engineer/ Maintenance Supervisor
contact recruiter for details
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
In a duel Engineering & Leadership role with a focus on Continuous Improvement in a small chemical processing plant. You will manage the small engineering and maintenance staff.
- This is a multi-site manufacturing company with a 50+ year history and a well-known respected parent company offering great benefits and career stability. They have many long-standing repeat customers.
- This site is small enough that your efforts will stand out (picture a plant with about 25 union production employees and 25 non-union support staff, such as lab chemists, managers, field service & sales, etc.)
Apply your skills in Lean Manufacturing to minimizing equipment downtime and maximize production efficiency while continuing to meet all safety, environmental, and regulations requirements. You will supervise the maintenance technician and engage with all departments supporting continuous improvement while also serving on the Site Leadership, Safety, Quality, and Planning teams. Your success will measurable.
- Provide Plant Engineering support-
- Plan and lead Continuous Improvement projects to optimize workflow and floor space, minimize equipment downtime and provide maximum production capacity. Monitoring the capital budget.
- Apply fundamental Lean principles and tools including waste elimination, problem-solving, 5S, visual management, standard work, and value stream mapping.
- Work with third-party integrators to design new or improve existing production equipment.
- Write and improve Standard Operating Procedures and manufacturing processes; Consult with machine operators and supervisors to maximize efficiencies and improve processing procedures and quality of products.
- Supports Product Management and Customer Service in the design and development of new or newly configured products.
- Lead the Maintenance Program and maintenance activities-
- Directly supervise the Maintenance Technician(s) and take responsibility for building and equipment maintenance (chillers, compressors, conveyors, robots, lights, grounds, security, and production equipment). Monitors the maintenance budget.
- Analyze equipment and facility maintenance problems and continually revises the Preventative Maintenance program to minimizing downtime.
- Diagnose downtime causes and reasons for equipment failure; develop strategies to improve reliability
- Participates as a site leader promoting stellar Environmental Health & Safety performance-
- Fosters a culture that promotes safety as a top priority; ensure a high level of engagement from all levels of employees through positive and effective employee relations. Facilitates monthly safety committee meeting, sets agenda, prepares meeting minutes, performs facility safety audits, and updates facility audit findings
- Ensure that employees are continually trained in compliance with company regulations to ensure work is completed in a safe manner. Coordinates annual OSHA mandated training.
- Ensure compliance with state and federal laws (OSHA, EPA, EEO and etc) and maintains records, where they relate to plant maintenance practices, equipment, and facilities.
Footnote: The formal position title will be “Chemical Engineering Supervisor”.
We are searching for an engineer, manager, and jack-of-all trades in a chemical processing facility with significant experience in Lean Manufacturing and Equipment Maintenance.
- B.S. in Chemical, Mechanical, Industrial or Electrical Engineering preferred
- 10+ years in Plant Engineering and Management in a chemical processing plant or related who can support 24/7 operations.
- Exceptional troubleshooting skills and demonstrated Project Management experience
- Has knowledge of plant safety, OSHA regulation, LOTO, and other regulatory concerns.
- Lean experience - SOP’s, Total Productive Maintenance (TPM), autonomous maintenance, 5S, and other Lean Tools
- Strong problem solving and applied statistics skills are required. Six Sigma Green or Black belt is a plus.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and Project Management software
- Additionally: The ideal candidate will have knowledge of Ion Exchange systems and processes.
- Certificates & Licenses: Willing to maintain CPR, First Aid, and Forklift Truck certification.
- Authorized to work for any employer in the USA without restrictions. (Sorry no sponsorship available now or in the future.)
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree