|Title:||Plant Manager (HS-8126)|
|Job Location:||Utica, New York - United States|
|Salary:||contact recruiter for details|
|Other Compensation:||***Competitive Wage and Benefits***|
|Employer Will Recruit From:||Nationwide|
Plant Manager - New York
Hansen Agri-PLACEMENT is assisting an established Ag Employer in their search for a Plant Manager to oversee operations at their plant in New York State. The Plant Manager will Lead, promote and foster a positive safety culture and team environment that ensures systems are in place to efficiently produce high quality feed correctly and on time.
1. Effectively lead, manage, and be responsible for Feed Mill operations, transportation, maintenance, and customer service Team.
A successful Feed Mill Team:
- Makes the right feed every time. This includes quality and quantity.
- Delivers the feed on time to the correct farm and bin.
- Ensures timely delivery of ingredients and commodities.
- Preventative Maintenance done on time – both the Mill and the Fleet.
- Balances manpower against feed demand and determines the right balance.
- Level of Customer Service where the team is seen by the customer as a knowledgable, friendly, helpful, and always prompt.
2. Lead the team and be responsible for reaching a Safety level of “excellence”.
- Housekeeping Standards maintained daily.
- A Team that makes each other accountable for doing tasks safely.
- Always beginning tasks with Safety front and center and the proper paper work filled out if required.
- Continually looking for Safety Hazards (through Hazard ID Walks) and revisiting each task that is completely and documenting the Standard Operating Procedure and ensuring that the team is doing it SAFELY every time (Task Hazard Analysis (THA)).
- Ensuring that all visitors – either contractors, haulers, and anyone else entering the premises – are properly signed in and all the proper paperwork is filled out. Making the team accountable for this.
3. Communicate – Communicate – Communicate.
- Responsible for timely and effective communication to direct reports, all plant employees, Formulation Team, Operations Manager, General Manager, Controller, EHS Manager, and other Plant Managers.
4. Responsible for plant's FSMA compliance and maintaining Safe Feed/Safe Food certification.
5. Capital Projects – scope, bid out, calculate returns on investment, get approved, execute timeline and budget.
6. Financials –approve all bills, approve weekly time cards, create budgets, review monthly results and be able to explain differences to budget.
7. Purchasing – ensures micro-ingredients are being purchased from the lowest cost supplier.
8. Team member development. Responsible for working with the front line supervisors to move individuals through the Tier Program and ensure proper training and development.
- College degree in Ag or Engineering is a plus
- 3+ years feed mill supervisory experience
- Completion of Kansas State Milling School mini-course is required within 1 year of employment.
- Commitment to continuous learning
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel as there is need to analyze and interpret technical procedures
- High level of detail, multi-tasking, and problem solving
- Positive, self-motivated individual with organization, communication, and negotiation skills
- Strong customer service commitment
- High analytical skills / attention to detail
- Problem solving by coordinating raw data with intuition to create solution.
- Communication – listen, provide feedback both verbally and in writing.
- Teamwork – build a positive team environment
- Leadership – demonstrate passion for job and build the vision for the future