|Beaumont, Texas - United States
contact recruiter for details
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
We have an exclusive agreement with our client to identify management and technical talent for their newly constructed and commissioned facility in the Beaumont, TX area.
Our client has recently constructed a world-class methanol production facility in the Beaumont, Texas area. Operating under a joint-venture, this plant will be one of the largest methanol production facilities based on nameplate capacity. Strategically located on the Texas Gulf Coast with access to excellent distribution and logistics infrastructure, and with the partnering of their JV infrastructure, our client is destined to succeed in the industry market.
The Plant Manager (PM) supports the CEO by executing the strategic business goals in keeping with the vision, mission, and strategic plan of the company. This position plays a key role in the site leadership team by developing and implementing the Plant Management Strategy. The Plant Manager plans and controls all operating aspects of the plant in accordance with company policies and procedures, operating agreements, and government guidelines to achieve excellence in safety, production within budgetary targets. The PM provides strong and effective leadership to manage all planning, organizing, directing, and running optimum day-to-day operations to exceed our customers expectations and increasing production, assets capacity, and flexibility while minimizing unnecessary costs and maintaining quality standards.
- Leads and instills a culture of safety and environmental responsibility through the implementation of programs and controls.
- Accountable for regulatory compliance and commensurate reporting requirements to authorities.
- Direct the decision-making process regarding compliance strategy for new regulatory requirements. Implement the plans to ensure compliance.
- Ensure world class safe, reliable and environmentally sound operation of the manufacturing units.
- Promote continuous improvement in energy efficiency, sustainability, worker productivity, reliability, production, profitability, and quality.
- Establish and embed world class work practices and business processes to deliver on the companies targets.
- Lead the site management team and ensures the consistent delivery of company goals, within the established contractual standards of quality, cost, delivery date, while providing a clean and safe working environment for all employees.
- Manage and oversee the overall plant operations including Engineering, Maintenance, Operations, Technical Services, and Materials Management.
- Ensure best practices are institutionalized through the constant improvement of changes in procedures and plant equipment modifications to improve efficiency and reliability, reduce safety hazards, and lower production costs.
- Establish and implement departmental policies, goals, objectives, and procedures, conferring with the CEO and staff members as necessary.
- Maintain direct communication with the CEO with respect to plant production forecasts and changes in conditions such as plant trips, emergency shutdowns, and any other related incidents.
- Maintain a consistent line of communication with all plant personnel on matters related to the plant ensuring employee motivation and efficiency to meet or exceed organization goals and objectives.
- Monitor and review trends in the industry, local economic environment, supply chain, and new directions of Federal, State, and local government agencies.
- Set standards and maintain accountability within areas of responsibility.
- Develop and implement business processes with supporting systems that track and optimize productivity and standards, metrics and performance targets to ensure effective return on assets.
- Effectively create communication channels to share progress, performance against targets and mitigation plans to address operating risks, with site leadership and provide input to business team studies and decisions.
- Deliver on goals and objectives through effective organizational design, maintaining staffing requirements, and creating a competitive work environment to ensure attraction of talent..
- Generate production reports as needed.
- Enforce commitment to plant safety procedures.
- Present a professional image at all times to clients and vendors and maintain a positive reputation of the company.
- Follow all relevant company policies and procedures.
- Assists other departments and other administrative personnel as necessary.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field required.
- Degree in Production Management, Business Management, Finance or related field preferred.
- Minimum fifteen (20) years’ experience in a process plant environment, ten (10) of which must be a senior management position.
- Excellent supervisory skills, willingness and ability to handle multiple tasks and responsibilities, sometimes involving a stressful work environment.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree