|Danville, Pennsylvania - United States
$125,000.00 - $165,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
|30% profit sharing, generous Pension and full relo
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Well established company with a well-known, pedigree brand
Growing company in a growing industry. The next 2-3 years should be signifcant
Because of the industry growth, the company is investing capital in people, facilites, processes and technology
Opportunity to work independently and make decisions
Reports directly to a Corporate VP of Manufacturing
Solid compensation package that includes a generous pension plan that's more unusual to find anymore
For more than 120 years, this company has earned its reputation as an industry leader in technology, innovation and quality. Their commitment to building superior products and fulfilling customer needs has taken them from a small steel fabricating company to the most-recognized manufacturer in their industry around the world.
With thousands of employees worldwide, teamwork and collaboration are valued. They look for employees who are driven, determined and ready to accelerate their future. With advancement opportunities, training and tuition reimbursement.
The Plant Manager is responsible for directing, managing and monitoring all activities related to the safe and efficient production of high-quality products. The Plant Manager works with his staff to properly manage the people, financial and physical resources for the plant and ensure compliance with federal, state and company policies in regard to safety, environmental and other regulatory organizations. Identifies strategic challenges and solutions to achieve the business strategies.
- Ensure employee compliance with all safety rules and requirements.
- Meet or exceed plant goals (Safety, People, Quality, Throughput, Cost, etc.).
- Ensure plant compliance with all federal and state and company mandated regulations.
- P&L responsibility for plant and manages budget.
- Develop and implement strategies for optimizing ROI on all plant resources.
- Implement and manage company initiatives: Behavior Based Safety, Lean Manufacturing, etc.
- Define, analyze and prioritize business requirements; Identify production solutions.
- Participate in strategic activities to ensure viability of company resources.
- Manage all site operations to ensure ample resources to accomplish plant performance and profit goals.
- Identify areas for capital improvement in both the processes and systems; continuously research new system functionality/trends and best practices.
- Interface with sales as appropriate.
- Resolve intra-plant functional issues.
- Ensure documentation of standard processes/procedures.
- Monitor interactions/interfaces with both internal and outsourced systems.
- Manage and respond to data requests; assemble, analyze and format data into useable reports.
- Monitor the auditing of plant data to ensure compliance and data integrity; detect, troubleshoot and resolve data issues.
- Represent plant with key vendors and customers.
- Acts as the change agent of the plant.
- Lead and ensure appropriate hiring, coaching, training and development of employees; form high performance teams and motivate all employees across his organization.
- Defines the right processes to create efficient workflows and measures performance, defines and pursues improvement opportunities.
- Review and approve employee actions in terms or hiring, promotion, discipline or termination.
- Assist with assessment, recognition, retention and employee development initiatives.
- Participate in project management activities, including work planning and issue tracking.
- Broaden personal knowledge in functional areas including HR, Accounting, Procurement, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline (e.g., Business Administration, Engineering or related discipline); MBA desired.
- 5-10+ years of relevant automotive work experience leading similar organizations or equivalent combination of education and training.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, including advanced data functions in Excel.
- Excellent analytical skills; Ability to collect and analyze data and present findings.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Solid ability in identifying and resolving problems in a timely, effective manner.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Extensive experience in Lean Manufacturing is desired.
- Demonstrate understanding of an effective safety culture.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Strong process thinking to identify best and most efficient processes and how to implement process improvements, not only in manufacturing but across all functional areas.
- Strong ability to coach and lead continuous improvement sessions.
- Ability to build internal and external relationships.
- Ability to identify talent and motivate people.
- Travel as needed
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets firsthand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect
- Action Oriented: Enjoys working hard; is action oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; seizes more opportunities than others
- Functional/Technical Skills: Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment
- Ethics and Values: Adheres to an appropriate (for the setting) and effective set of core values and beliefs during both good and bad times; acts in line with those values; rewards the right values and disapproves of others; practices what he/she preaches
- Hiring and Staffing: Has a nose for talent; hires the best people available from inside or outside; is not afraid of selecting strong people; assembles talented staffs
- Managing and Measuring Work: Clearly assigns responsibility for tasks and decisions; sets clear objectives and measures; monitors process, progress, and results; designs feedback loops into work.
- Motivating Others: Creates a climate in which people want to do their best; can motivate many kinds of direct reports and team or project members; can assess each person’s hot button and use it to get the best out of him/her; pushes tasks and decisions down; empowers others; invites input from each person and shares ownership and visibility; makes each individual feel his/her work is important; is someone people like working for and with.
- Process Management: Good at figuring out the processes necessary to get things done; knows how to organize people and activities; understands how to separate and combine tasks into efficient work flow; knows what to measure and how to measure it; can see opportunities for synergy and integration where others can't; can simplify complex processes; gets more out of fewer resources.
- Building Effective Teams: Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
- Change Management: Acts as an agent to implement changes with key stakeholders; builds coalitions for change, utilizes effective communications, implements and manages change.
- Command Skills: Relishes leading; takes unpopular stands if necessary; encourages direct and tough debate but isn’t afraid to end and move on; is looked to for direction in a crisis; faces adversity head on; energized by tough challenges.
- Developing Direct reports: Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each direct report’s career goals; constructs
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree