This closed position was filled. Check out our Jobs Search Page for our current open positions similar to this one.
|Job Location:||New York City, New York - United States|
|Salary:||$140,000.00 - $150,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly|
|Employer Will Recruit From:||Nationwide|
We are looking for a Flexible Packaging Plant Manager for the New York City location. Must have a 4 year degree and be fluent in English and Spanish
• Schedule work flow to meet customer orders through the proper planning and control, training of personnel and equipment utilization.
• Analyze the operations from a financial perspective in order to prepare monthly financial reports for the management team. The analysis should predict the future month's outlook and explain the prior month's results.
• Manage production scheduling and material flow process to maximize machine efficiency while minimizing raw materials and finished goods.
• Report all aspects related to resin including but not limited to; pounds consumed, pounds scrapped, scrap reasons, percentage reclaimed, net reclaimed, product weights per 1000, cost and efficiencies improvements, pounds scheduled to actual, and usage by supplier. Use information to improve the yield and efficiencies.
• Lead the extrusion and conversion processes in meeting safety performance goals, enforcing OSHA regulations and adhering to the housekeeping standards and Good Manufacturing Practices.
• Lead the plant's safety committee and recommend and submit capital projects to improve safety.
• Provide visionary leadership in the area of continuous improvement to exceed productivity, quality and safety expectations.
• Generate ideas and initiate actions with regard to equipment, training, staffing, raw materials, systems, and general operations improvements.
• Work with Quality department to assure the business operates with the highest standards of quality ensuring product meets quality specifications and using the corrective action process when required.
• Actively participate in the strategic development of the long and short term goals of the company.
• Perform other duties as requested by management
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required, Engineering or technical emphasis desired
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in a manufacturing leadership capacity
• Experience in managing a plastics blown film and converting operation
• Understanding and working knowledge of the extrusion, conversion, in-line printing and cartoning processes
• Experience in scheduling product and personnel in a manufacturing environment
• High degree of planning and coordination skills required to coordinate between purchasing, maintenance, engineering, sales, quality, operations and suppliers
• Ability to monitor and ensure achievement of business unit goals and to take corrective action as necessary if cost levels, schedules, or other production factors do not conform to the plan
• Knowledge of management techniques and skills, engineering, purchasing methods, and general business principles is required to effectively manage processes
• Experience in a 24/7 environment, preferred
• Strong verbal and written communications skills
• Strong technical skills required
• Strong organizational skills with ability to handle multiple tasks
• Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills
• Strong PC skills/aptitude with proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
• Ability to understand P & L Statements
• Ability to develop production cost models
• Ability to forecast monthly material and labor costs
• Proven problem solving leadership skills in a team environment
• Experience in Quality Management Systems
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree