|Vancouver, British Columbia - Canada
$150,000.00 - $170,000.00 - Canadian Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Located in Delta, British Columbia Canada - Plant Manager to lead operations for a 250 non-union high speed CPG manufacturing plant for a $6B National Food & Beverage company with 50 plants in North America (US & Canada).
Manages, directs and coordinates overall plant operations. Through subordinates, supervisors and managers, assures safety, continuous improvement, quality, cost, customer service, and production objectives are met or exceeded. Provides coaching and leadership to team members in the areas of safety, continuous improvement, productivity, quality, cost, equipment reliability, and employee engagement. Success relies on ability to build relationships and fully engage all employees in business improvement.
Performance will be managed by the following critical metrics: lower conversion cost year over year, asset reliability, successful retention of key certifications in food safety, quality and organics, reduced total recordable injury rates, improved yields, employee retention and turnover, case fill rate and on time delivery.
- Ensure adherence to all health and safety policies/protocols and promote a safety culture.
- Lead the development, execution and monitoring of the operations strategy in line with the overall operational objectives to achieve performance, quality, and safety improvement and ensure achievement of manufacturing goals.
- Assist in the development of operational and capital budgets, policies and procedures, and the execution of same.
- Utilize available data including OEE, line speed target, and efficiency and process data to continuously improve productivity, uptime and reliability.
- Continually coach, direct and train employees utilizing Lean principles. Monitor employees' work performance and attitude and perform formal reviews as required by policy. Coach and counsel employees about work-related issues and assist employees to correct job skill deficiencies.
- Ensure all plant personnel are operating in compliance with plant and corporate procedures as well as in compliance with all customer and governmental regulations.
- Lead the continuous improvement program to deliver opportunities in cost, quality, food safety and service.
- Coordinates manufacturing activities with all other functions of the organization and suppliers to obtain optimum production and utilization of human resources, machines and equipment.
- Conduct regular meetings with plant personnel to ensure operational issues are being communicated and addressed expediently with a common understanding of goals.
- Drive employee engagement, training and development to maximize safety, quality, and productivity.
Skills, Experience and Education:
- Manufacturing, Processing or Packaging industry with specific experience in food production
- Lean/Continuous Improvement experience strongly desired
- Results-driven with a strong desire to grow and learn in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrated track record of meeting or exceeding targets goals
- Minimum 5-8 years manufacturing experience preferred in plant leadership
- Bachelor’s Degree in Operations Management, Engineering, Manufacturing related field
- 5 (five) years related experience in progressively expanding roles, including in a Senior Plant Leadership role.
- Travel Requirements: up to 5%
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree