This closed position was filled. Check out our Jobs Search Page for our current open positions similar to this one.
|Title:||Power Electronics and Digital Controls Engineer|
|Job Location:||Rockledge, Florida - United States|
|Salary:||contact recruiter for details|
|Employer Will Recruit From:||Nationwide|
East Coast Central Florida location – 5 minutes to the Banana River and another 5 minutes to the Atlantic Ocean – bring your boat! 45 minutes east of Orlando – I am going to Disney World! 45 minutes south of Daytona – home to the World Series of Racing – the Daytona 500. 2 ½ hours south of the oldest city in the US – Saint Augustine. Great place to start and raise a family. 11 Months of sunshine per year. Temperature never gets below 40 degrees – so throw away your winter coats. NO STATE INCOME TAX!!! Small family owned company, no red tape bureaucracy. Very flat structure – not layers of managers in the company. Owner is an Engineer. Work is mostly on SBIR program pursuits (SBIR.GOV search Mainstream Engineering and see we have won more than 350 contracts with the government). Research & Development is WHAT WE DO! In addition to great salaries and solid healthcare benefits, engineers also enjoy 2 different incentive compensation plans:
Comp Time – Anytime our engineers work more than 45 hours in a week, they get credited for all hours over 40 deposited into their “COMP TIME” account. They can use these extra hours as vacation or they can cash them out at anytime to give themselves a nice bonus. We have engineers on staff that bank hundreds of hours each year.
Our client is a solutions-oriented research, development and manufacturing organization founded in 1986. Our mission is to develop and implement emerging technologies into military and private sector products that provide a technological advantage. Areas of expertise include thermal control, energy conversion, power electronics, turbo-machinery, chemical technology and materials science. For more info on our firm, please visit us on the web at www.mainstream-engr.com
Due to continued growth, our firm is seeking talented Electrical Engineers for a variety of roles including power electronics design, control algorithm development, embedded system design, and analog circuit design. Electrical Engineers play a critical role in developing not only our power electronics products, but provide vital sub-system design support for products related to thermal control and energy conversion. Successful candidates will provide innovative engineering in the design and layout of PCBs, programming of microcontrollers, development of control algorithms for power converters, work with state-of-the-art wide bandgap semiconductor devices, and design analog circuitry.
Specific Duties and competencies include:
• Design and test power electronic converters (AC-DC, DC-AC, DC-DC) from 1 kW to 150 kW
• Design and test high speed (10 kRPM - >150 kRPM) motor drives
• Design, implement, and test advanced digital control algorithms, digital filters and the general control of power electronics systems
• Design and test power stages, sensor electronics, and gate drives circuits for SiC and GaN semiconductors
• Design and test high power SiC and GaN semiconductor modules that incorporate advanced cooling schemes
• Design, layout, fabricate, and test printed circuit boards
• Design, build, and test digital control systems using microcontrollers, DSPs and FPGAs
• BS in electrical engineering required with a minimum GPA of 3.3, MS and PhD preferred
• Internship experience required for entry level candidates
• Experience programming various microcontrollers or DSPs a plus
• Knowledge of basic power electronics a plus
• United States Citizenship required due to US Government ITAR program restrictions
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree