Power Plant Mechanic Supervisor
|, - Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
contact recruiter for details
|tax free + expat benefits
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
This is a great opportunity for someone to work on a small idylic island in the Caribbean - live in a tax free environment and have accommodation & flights included.
Due to the remote location the position is only suitable for single status candidates.
Currently seeking an experienced person to fill the position of Power Plant Mechanic/Supervisor
The primary responsibility of the Power Plant Mechanic/ Supervisor is to ensure the generation of electricity at the Casino Power Plant.
Core Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare the monthly timetable for the operators and organize the shifts.
- Supervise the senior mechanic and the operators in the completion of their daily tasks.
- Schedule the working hours of the generators.
- Supervise the facilities and the surrounding areas.
- Ensure the workers are provided with the consumables, spare parts, tools and meters needed to complete assigned tasks.
- Ensure the stock of critical spare parts.
- Control of the generation data, electrical consumptions and performance of the engines.
- Schedule and organize the services of the engines.
- Repair and supervise the repairs.
- Troubleshoot issues with generator and switchgear identifying and executing solutions as necessary.
- Schedule and organize the overhauls together with the HoD
- Support the HoD with Power Plant upgrades and improvements.
- Inform the HoD on a daily basis about the state, performance and issues of the Power Plant.
- Assist with meter reading for billing purposes.
- Control of the minimum stocks of materials.
- Technical support to the different projects of the department.
Essential Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- BSc. in Electrical Engineering preferred.
- A minimum of five (5) years supervisory experience in electrical utilities.
- Must be a holder of a valid electrical license.
- Willing to relocate and work flexible work hours.
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Caterpillar engine experience
- CVQ and TVET Certification will be an asset
- Able to work in a remote environment with improvised facilities
- Willing to work flexible work hours.