This closed position was filled. Check out our Jobs Search Page for our current open positions similar to this one.
|Title:||Precision Field Agronomist - S Central MI (DC-8960)|
|Job Location:||Kalamazoo, Michigan - United States|
|Salary:||$75,000.00 - $120,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly|
|Other Compensation:||Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance, Paid Vacation, 401(k) with Employer Match, Travel Expense, Company Truck & Company Gas Card, HSA Account|
|Employer Will Recruit From:||Local|
Exciting, Progressive Ag Organization. Self-Directed Role Working With Your Established Ag Grower Network. Competitive Base Salary plus Structured Commission Program and Very Good Benefits Package.
Keywords: Agronomist, Sales Agronomist, Precision Agronomist, Agronomy, Precision Ag, Digital Ag, Variable Rate Technology, Soils, Crop Protection, Fertilizer, Seed, Michigan Jobs, Michigan Ag Jobs, Ag, Agriculture, Jobs, Ag Jobs
This employer is seeking a Precision Field Agronomist in Southwestern Michigan for a local in-field agronomy position. This is a grower-focused role based on growing market share through sales, building strong relationships with customers and providing leading-edge agronomic advising services in both traditional agronomic principles with a strong sub-field environmental focus and digital products. Our client seeks candidates who enjoy the "challenger sales model" and who have a passion for serving the farmer. Qualified candidates must have a focus on growth and dedication to a true systems approach to agronomy that offers grower-specific management products that extend soil fertility, crop care (herbicide, fungicide, others), plant growth and development as well as current production practices to data management and analytics.
Sales & Market Share Growth
Our client is an agronomic tech company that provides farmers with actionable, customized strategies to deliver sustainable outcomes at the sub-acre level. Our independent hands-on approach combines field specific data with agronomic research to meet farmers at the cross-section of technology and a personal agronomist. With our patented Hex-Grid system, our client provides precise recommendations that help farmers manage inputs and resources and maximize profitability in any given environment. Our client's recommendations, backed with their own research and proprietary data systems, provide operations prescriptions focused on return on investment and all independently of product manufacturers and retailers. Our client is rapidly expanding its team across the Midwest. The successful candidate will join a team of industry veterans with experience within agriculture’s leading seed, chemical and agriculture technology companies.
- Are you a self-starter who would enjoy shaping the future of digital agriculture?
- Do you like being directly engaged with Ag growers in their operations?
- Would you enjoy growing a business and celebrating its success?
- BSc. degree in Agronomy, Agriculture Business or other related field with 2 or more years of experience making agronomic recommendations directly to the Ag grower; client will also consider individual with AAS degree in Ag-related field with 5 or more years of related experience
- CCA or ability to obtain within first year of employment
- Demonstrated passion for exceeding customer needs and the ability to influence to close the sale and assist customers in making optimal decisions
- Knowledge of Precision Agriculture preferred
- Comfortable in challenging customers and playing the role of change agent to help them improve their operations
- Strong listening skills to carefully and effectively appreciate unique customer needs and to align them into compelling value propositions
- Solid verbal and written communication skills as well as solid interpersonal skills
- Currently residing within the desired territory with established Ag grower relationships
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree