|Buffalo, New York - United States
$100,000.00 - $120,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
This position is responsible for developing and executing the global pricing strategy for Caplugs through collaboration with Sales, Marketing and Finance leaders. The role is responsible for continuously enhancing the pricing process to service customers, which will result in increased sales and profit for the organization.
- Develop pricing strategy across various product lines to position the products based on value and competitive situation.
- Develop Methodology for calculating List Price, Price Floor, Price ceiling for various product lines within various market segments in relation to the value. Maintain corporate price list and periodically update appropriately
- Identify leakage buckets within Price waterfall and find ways to increase profit
- Develop Price band analysis and find ways to improve profit
- Develop, lead, manage the pricing process for the organization while ensuring compliance by controlling the exemption process.
- Lead the annual Price increase process for the organization. Work with sales, management and product managers to implement the Price changes into the market.
- Develop reports to track & monitor the pricing projects and associated activities on various product lines and market segments.
- Develop tools for estimating cost for quotes for new products. Develop value pricing model and implement it for all new products.
- Transition the organization from cost plus pricing model to value pricing model.
- Support sales in negotiations of terms and conditions on contracts with customers, channel partners.
- Support the annual budget process and sales staff on pricing issues as needed.
- Be a subject matter expert for all things related to Pricing.
- Perform business analysis, market analysis and support managerial decision making.
- Bachelor’s degree, emphasis in Accounting, Marketing, Business Administration or equivalent work experience in cost accounting or pricing. MBA preferred.
- Minimum of five years of pricing/accounting experience in manufacturing environment
- Minimum of two years of supervisory/leadership experience
- Strong business acumen and analytical skills
- Able to reason analytically, logically, and in a consistent fashion
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Understanding of Cost Accounting and Statistics preferred
- At least 5 years of experience working with ERP/various IT systems and perform ETL (extract, transform, load data from various IT systems)
- Highly proficient in Microsoft; Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Ability to dig into detail, manage complexity and drive decision making